Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: No audio within BPM Editor and Pre-Listen Control`

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

I noticed there is no audio playing when I hit the play buttons in the BPM Editor and in the Pre-LIsten Control from the Info Side Fly Out Tab. Any idea what's going on? Thank you!

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 7:10 pm
I noticed this too.

The only seems to be routed to the headphone section. Make sure you have a pair plugged in and the volume up.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 7:17 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you don't have headphones, remove the headphones from audio config, then the pre-listen can play from the master output as well.

Posted Sat 05 Nov 16 @ 6:45 am
Adion wrote :
If you don't have headphones, remove the headphones from audio config, then the pre-listen can play from the master output as well.

Thank you for your reply. For at home use I am exclusively listening through headphones via speakers. In VDJ 8.2 Configuration Settings, I have it set to "Speaker & Headphones" in the Output section. Below it shows "Master" on Channels 1 and 2, and "Headphones" on Channels 3 and 4. I can hear everything through the speakers as well as through my headphones when they are plugged into the speakers, except playback on the "Pre Listen Control and the BPM Editor.

Posted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 2:14 am
DJ Roubo wrote :
I noticed this too.

The only seems to be routed to the headphone section. Make sure you have a pair plugged in and the volume up.

Yes, I do exclusively listen at home through the headphones which are plugged into my speakers with the volume up and still no luck. I replied above in further detail. Thanks for your help.

Posted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 2:16 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Although you are listening through headphones, you are using only one output from your computer. The headphones output is not independent from the master output.
Therefore of you don't remove the headphones output, vdj will play prelisten through output 3/4 which st that point you don't have or cannot hear since there's nothing plugged in on these channels..

Posted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 4:10 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Just set your audio config to "internal soundcard" and "speaker only" with master set to chanel 1&2.

After that VDJ will ask you if you want to hear the prelisten sound through master output. Click yes and all is fine.

Posted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 9:16 am
Adion wrote :
Although you are listening through headphones, you are using only one output from your computer. The headphones output is not independent from the master output.
Therefore of you don't remove the headphones output, vdj will play prelisten through output 3/4 which st that point you don't have or cannot hear since there's nothing plugged in on these channels..

Thank you for the information. I learned quite a bit from this!

Posted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 9:28 pm
PachN wrote :
Just set your audio config to "internal soundcard" and "speaker only" with master set to chanel 1&2.

After that VDJ will ask you if you want to hear the prelisten sound through master output. Click yes and all is fine.

Okay, great! Thank you very much for your advice! I will try it once I'm back to my computer! Awesome!

Posted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 9:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)