Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ Freezing/Not Starting in Windows10

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I have been using VDJ with Windows10 x64 for a couple of months with no real problems up until now.
If I use VDJ 8.2 3420 or 3440 it is just fine. VDJ 8.2 3471 started to sometime freeze mostly just before to start (i now know just at external video initializing).
I so install the latest build 3471 as soon as it came as well as nVidia driver update and then never have been able to (apparently) restart VDJ anymore (freezed just when asking to identify).
So far I have tried, uninstall, reinstall, intel /nvidia fixes, cleaned out the registry, remove devices, done a full clean install of Windows10, ...But the problem persists.
I then figure out controller was working by manually copying an old config and license files in \virtualdj\ folder and being able to load and play a video. Only skin was freezing.

config:
CPU Intel i5 + Intel Video + NVidia GT 620 RAM 4Gb
I also have another PC Windows10 x64 where everything is working just fine with VDJ 8.2 3471 (but it does not have access to my database) and is far lower spec.
CPU AMD Athlon 1660 + NVidia Geforce 9200 RAM 4Gb

I Finally tried to use the compatibility option ... and VDJ 8.2 3471 finally just work in compatibility with Windows 8.1

I will use it as is for now as long as this is working but it is only a workaround :\

Posted Thu 03 Nov 16 @ 1:33 pm
have u tried renaming settings.xml ?

Posted Thu 03 Nov 16 @ 7:24 pm

yes, renaming or removing ...

The problem is today VDJ8 does not freeze, instead it does not respond to any keyboard / mouse clic anymore. mouse cursor is always show as a hand
Controller works, selecting a track sending it to a desk the name appears.... but VDJ8 does not try to read anything from disk

The tracks work fine in other software

The only difference between yesterday and today is time and date, nothing else have change.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 1:48 pm
Hi,

After a lot of tests, I'm still unable to install a working version of any of the 3 last VDJ 8.2 builds directly from the installer on any my machines. The first VDJ 8.2 build install and works and updating it to last build works fine.

What appends looks exactly like with VDJ7 when message boxes appear under the skin waiting for an action VDJ take.
I don't really know what message can display before registration form appear, maybe an error from one of the drivers (but my guess is a buffer problem within midi driver) but there is no way to close it and VDJ seems to wait for it to close.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 2:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)