Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Re-Mapping part of Behringer CMD DV-1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I'm using the American DJ VMS5 but the Behringer CMD DVD-1 is my extra controller. Please take a look at it here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-CMD-DV-1-DJ-Controller/dp/B00CSKL1L2

This is my secondary controller. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Select an image that best displays the bottom 6 rows of buttons, below the bottom row of 4 dials. Double click on the best-suited image to open an enlarged view.

Notice the big square buttons: A, B, C, D
Notice the bottom 2 rows of smaller rectangular buttons: 5, 6, 7, 8 then 1, 2, 3, 4
Notice that on Virtual DJ 8, the Sampler section has a series of small arrays that you can scroll through with arrow buttons, going from one array to another. Each array (there are 4 by default) has an 8x8 grid containing samples.

QUESTION: Please could somebody tell me the action codes (i.e. the mapping commands) that will cause A, B, C, D to each select a specific array on the Sampler (e.g. each letter = an array, let's just say l want to link to the first 4 arrays using each letter A-D)

NOTE - according to my Akai APC Mini mapping:
* To assign a button to scroll left and another to scroll right through the various arrays available, you can use: "sampler_bank-1" / "sampler_bank+1"

* To select a specific sample in the array, you can use: sampler_pad 1 (and for the corresponding LED light: get_sample_color 1) {or any other number from 1-64, corresponding with the 8x8 grid}

Posted Wed 02 Nov 16 @ 8:42 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
type sampler_bank into the mapping window to see the syntax, here it is extracted from languages

<sampler_bank>Select a new sampler bank. Can be called either by name (sampler_bank "birthday"), by number (sampler_bank 2) or can be assigned to a rotary knob (sampler_bank) or buttons (sampler_bank +1)</sampler_bank>

Posted Thu 03 Nov 16 @ 1:31 am
locodog wrote :
type sampler_bank into the mapping window to see the syntax, here it is extracted from languages

<sampler_bank>Select a new sampler bank. Can be called either by name (sampler_bank "birthday"), by number (sampler_bank 2) or can be assigned to a rotary knob (sampler_bank) or buttons (sampler_bank +1)</sampler_bank>

Nice, nice.

One more question (and l think it's the final thing l need to know for now): How do l specify the FX on a specific deck - what's the action / syntax for it? On my Behringer CMD DV-1, there are 2 rows of FX buttons, each row labelled FX1 - FX4. I'd have thought that one row = Deck A, the other row = Deck B, but nope - both rows sadly only control the FX slots (there's a skin that has up to 3 FX slots per deck) of Deck A (the leftmost deck).

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 12:21 am
Specify the deck in your scripts

deck 1
deck 2
or
deck left
deck right

I don't know how you HW is, defined some controls can be tied to a deck in the inbuilt definition file, these don't need the deck specifying, some controls aren't and without a deck specified will effect the selected deck only.

Also only bother to pm me if I haven't replied to you after your post is no longer in the latest posts list.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 2:40 am
locodog wrote :
Specify the deck in your scripts

deck 1
deck 2
or
deck left
deck right

I don't know how you HW is, defined some controls can be tied to a deck in the inbuilt definition file, these don't need the deck specifying, some controls aren't and without a deck specified will effect the selected deck only.

Also only bother to pm me if I haven't replied to you after your post is no longer in the latest posts list.

Hi,

The terminology "deck 1" / "deck left" etc. doesn't seem to do anything, hence l was asking.

The Behringer CMD DV-1 is on the list of supported controllers so l think a controller map would be available via the pull down menu by selecting the CMD DV-1 from the pulldown menu.

That isn't quite like demoing the hardware of course, but as you will see from the mapping, the "TOP" and "BOTTOM" FX buttons have identical action commands. Therefore l'm wondering what would logically split the top and bottom rows of FX buttons into serving Deck 1 and Deck 2 respectively or vice-versa l don't mind.

I'm also wondering what made them default to the left deck?

I have checked out the American Audio VMS5 mapping, which has direct FX parameter buttons either side for the left and right deck (only 1 FX slot per deck). However, l am none the wiser. I think the VMS5 just hardwires those buttons.

I suspect the CMD DV-1 was designed with buying a pair of them, 1 per deck, in mind, and hence if only 1 is plugged in, you get this behaviour where it defaults to the left deck as far as FX selection goes.

Finally I alerted you to my reply via PM as l was unsure if a person would be alerted automatically if their reply was quoted or not. I have barely posted on this forum and therefore aint too sure how it works, the forum software has some quirks.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 7:46 am
This hardware is tied to no specific deck therefore it always goes to the selected deck [the one chosen from A | B]
I've no idea what you've tried but here,

LITERALLY

any script related to the top add
"deck 1 "
to the start of the script
any script related to the bottom add
"deck 2 "
to the start of the script

I've looked at the mapping I kind of get it but I also hate it, I'd also dump parts related to video [I don't video mix] and assign for slot 4 [the skin I use has 4 slots]

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 8:29 am
locodog wrote :
This hardware is tied to no specific deck therefore it always goes to the selected deck [the one chosen from A | B]
I've no idea what you've tried but here,

LITERALLY

any script related to the top add
"deck 1 "... [the skin I use has 4 slots]

Hi, l'm not using a script. Is there any way to just do this via the action commands on the MIDI controller map?

As an asides, does the skin you use have a name or is it just something you created?

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 5:33 pm
action commands as you call them ARE vdjScript - read the wiki. Start using the common terminology.
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/index.html

the skin I use is v8 by fruit 4 deck w/external browser, while this skin doesn't sport padpages yet, it's not a problem for me as I use a index pad page from my launchpad and know what colour calls what padpage, and I've memorised the 13-14 or so padpages I use regularly by colour pattern.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 6:27 pm
Merely sticking "deck 1" or "deck 2" in front of an existing action code for a button, does indeed assign a button to that deck. Problem solved.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 10:38 pm
OK guys l've been tinkering with the Behringer CMD DV-1 for some time now, and l've decided that the controller itself is giving inconsistent results with the FX dials. Sometimes they map to nothing even though they're supposed to map to an FX parameter, and then a few seconds later, the same dial will move an FX parameter, just not the one it's meant to move.

I learnt 1 useful thing in all this time: the buttons numbered 1-3 next to the ON/SEL button ramp up the parameter dial that is controlled by the dial on the CMD DV-1 above that numbered button, such that if you press "3", the dial above the "3" button will control FX parameter 6 instead of 3, for that FX slot, for that deck.

Except when it inexplicably doesn't (as l've just mentioned). Sad.

Hmm, at least the CMD DV-1 gives you extra buttons for sample pads, l guess.

If anybody knows how to make the American Audio VMS5 (see the list of controller maps for Virtual DJ 8) control more than 2 FX parameters (currently it won't go beyond the first 2 parameter dials, per FX), l'd like to know. Apologies in advance, but what l'm asking for is a guess at what the exact action code ("script") may be. For more information, please see: https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/213704/Wishes_and_new_features/Cannot_select_(and_then_attenuate)_beyond_FX_parameter_no__2_on_any_given_FX.html

Posted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 12:03 am
Moderate success (and l'm DONE with the Behringer CMD DV-1, l shan't be adding more to it, except perhaps filling the 2 spare entries marked out by "#######"):

Here is my Behringer CMD DV-1 control map in XML format. I'm not sure how to create a blank .xml file from scratch - perhaps you could save a document as XML via a wordprocessor or via some Linux text editor or even just change a .txt file extension to .xml. So anyway, this is my finished piece, and it includes some explanatory notes, which will show up in green font on VirtualDJ when you load it into the "Controllers" section [NOTE how l explained how to transpose a dial such that it controls an FX parameter by default, but when you press a transposer button, that same dial will now control a different FX parameter, allowing you to cram more control into the CMD DV-1's range of dials] :

P.S. Thank you to all who have helped, mostly wickedmix, djdad and locodog and anybody else (l just want to stop thinking about this controller map hence l can't bear to sift thru my posts looking for other contributors, and in any case my finished version is nothing major, just a few alterations from the default map, and tbh the controller still acts a bit rickety but l swear l've had enough for the next few weeks!!!!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mapper device="BeCMDDV1" author="Atomix Productions" version="802" date="2016-11-09">
<map value="ONINIT" action="deck 1 assign_controller" />
<map value="TOP_FX1_KNB1" action="deck 1 effect 1 select
"Select an effect for this effect slot"" />
<map value="TOP_FX1_KNB2" action="deck 1 var 'FX1SL1' ? effect 1 slider 4 : effect 1 slider 1
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 1 on Deck 1: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 1 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 1 at the top of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 4 rather than no. 1"" />
<map value="TOP_FX1_KNB3" action="deck 1 var 'FX1SL2' ? effect 1 slider 5 : effect 1 slider 2
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 1 on Deck 1: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 2 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 2 at the top of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 5 rather than no. 2"" />
<map value="TOP_FX1_KNB4" action="deck 1 var 'FX1SL3' ? effect 1 slider 6 : effect 1 slider 3
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 1 on Deck 1: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 3 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 3 at the top of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 6 rather than no. 3"" />
<map value="TOP_FX2_KNB1" action="deck 1 effect 2 select
<map value="TOP_FX2_KNB2" action="deck 1 var 'FX2SL1' ? effect 2 slider 4 : effect 2 slider 1
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 2 on Deck 1: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 1 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 1 at the top of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 4 rather than no. 1"" />
<map value="TOP_FX2_KNB3" action="deck 1 var 'FX2SL2' ? effect 2 slider 5 : effect 2 slider 2
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 2 on Deck 1: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 2 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 2 at the top of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 5 rather than no. 2"" />
<map value="TOP_FX2_KNB4" action="deck 1 var 'FX2SL3' ? effect 2 slider 6 : effect 2 slider 3
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 2 on Deck 1: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 3 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 3 at the top of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 6 rather than no. 3"" />
<map value="TOP_FX3_KNB1" action="deck 1 effect 3 select
<map value="TOP_FX3_KNB2" action="deck 1 var 'FX3SL1' ? effect 3 slider 4 : effect 3 slider 1
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 3 on Deck 1: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 1 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 1 at the top of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 4 rather than no. 1"" />
<map value="TOP_FX3_KNB3" action="deck 1 var 'FX3SL2' ? effect 3 slider 5 : effect 3 slider 2
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 3 on Deck 1: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 2 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 2 at the top of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 5 rather than no. 2"" />
<map value="TOP_FX3_KNB4" action="deck 1 var 'FX3SL3' ? effect 3 slider 6 : effect 3 slider 3
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 3 on Deck 1: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 3 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 3 at the top of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 6 rather than no. 3"" />
<map value="TOP_FX4_KNB1" action="deck master video_fx_select
"Select a VIDEO effect as FX4"" />
<map value="TOP_FX4_KNB2" action="deck 1 var 'FX4SL1' ? deck master video_fx_slider 4 : deck master video_fx_slider 1
"For the VIDEO effect: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 1 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 1 at the top of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 4 rather than no. 1"" />
<map value="TOP_FX4_KNB3" action="deck 1 var 'FX4SL2' ? deck master video_fx_slider 5 : deck master video_fx_slider 2
"For the VIDEO effect: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 2 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 2 at the top of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 5 rather than no. 2"" />
<map value="TOP_FX4_KNB4" action="deck 1 var 'FX4SL3' ? deck master video_fx_slider 6 : deck master video_fx_slider 3
"For the VIDEO effect: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 3 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 3 at the top of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 6 rather than no. 3"" />
<map value="TOP_FX1_ON-SEL" action="deck 1 effect 1 active
"I think this causes FX1 on Deck 1 to toggle on/off when the ON/SEL button is pressed"" />
<map value="TOP_FX2_ON-SEL" action="deck 1 effect 2 active
"I think this causes FX2 on Deck 1 to toggle on/off when the ON/SEL button is pressed"" />
<map value="TOP_FX3_ON-SEL" action="deck 1 effect 3 active
"I think this causes FX3 on Deck 1 to toggle on/off when the ON/SEL button is pressed"" />
<map value="TOP_FX4_ON-SEL" action="deck master video_fx
"I think this causes FX4 - here assigned to video effects - to toggle on/off when the ON/SEL button is pressed"" />
<map value="TOP_FX1_BTN_1" action="deck 1 toggle 'FX1SL1'
"For FX1 on Deck 1: When button no. 1 at the top of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 4 rather than no. 1"" />
<map value="TOP_FX1_BTN_2" action="deck 1 toggle 'FX1SL2'
"For FX1 on Deck 1: When button no. 2 at the top of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 5 rather than no. 2"" />
<map value="TOP_FX1_BTN_3" action="deck 1 toggle 'FX1SL3'
"For FX1 on Deck 1: When button no. 3 at the top of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 6 rather than no. 3"" />
<map value="TOP_FX2_BTN_1" action="deck 1 toggle 'FX2SL1'
"For FX2 on Deck 1: When button no. 1 at the top of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 4 rather than no. 1"" />
<map value="TOP_FX2_BTN_2" action="deck 1 toggle 'FX2SL2'
"For FX2 on Deck 1: When button no. 2 at the top of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 5 rather than no. 2"" />
<map value="TOP_FX2_BTN_3" action="deck 1 toggle 'FX2SL3'
"For FX2 on Deck 1: When button no. 3 at the top of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 6 rather than no. 3"" />
<map value="TOP_FX3_BTN_1" action="deck 1 toggle 'FX3SL1'
"For FX3 on Deck 1: When button no. 1 at the top of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 4 rather than no. 1"" />
<map value="TOP_FX3_BTN_2" action="deck 1 toggle 'FX3SL2'
"For FX3 on Deck 1: When button no. 2 at the top of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 5 rather than no. 2"" />
<map value="TOP_FX3_BTN_3" action="deck 1 toggle 'FX3SL3'
"For FX3 on Deck 1: When button no. 3 at the top of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 6 rather than no. 3"" />
<map value="TOP_FX4_BTN_1" action="deck 1 toggle 'FX4SL1'
"For FX4 on Deck 1: When button no. 1 at the top of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 4 rather than no. 1"" />
<map value="TOP_FX4_BTN_2" action="deck 1 toggle 'FX4SL2'
"For FX4 on Deck 1: When button no. 2 at the top of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 5 rather than no. 2"" />
<map value="TOP_FX4_BTN_3" action="deck 1 toggle 'FX4SL3'
"For FX4 on Deck 1: When button no. 3 at the top of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 6 rather than no. 3"" />
<map value="BTM_FX1_KNB1" action="deck 2 effect 1 select
<map value="BTM_FX1_KNB2" action="deck 2 var 'FX1SL1' ? effect 1 slider 4 : effect 1 slider 1
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 1 on Deck 2: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 1 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 1 along the middle of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 4 rather than no. 1"" />
<map value="BTM_FX1_KNB3" action="deck 2 var 'FX1SL2' ? effect 1 slider 5 : effect 1 slider 2
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 1 on Deck 2: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 2 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 2 along the middle of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 5 rather than no. 2"" />
<map value="BTM_FX1_KNB4" action="deck 2 var 'FX1SL3' ? effect 1 slider 6 : effect 1 slider 3
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 1 on Deck 2: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 3 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 3 along the middle of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 6 rather than no. 3"" />
<map value="BTM_FX2_KNB1" action="deck 2 effect 2 select
<map value="BTM_FX2_KNB2" action="deck 2 var 'FX2SL1' ? effect 2 slider 4 : effect 2 slider 1
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 2 on Deck 2: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 1 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 1 along the middle of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 4 rather than no. 1"" />
<map value="BTM_FX2_KNB3" action="deck 2 var 'FX2SL2' ? effect 2 slider 5 : effect 2 slider 2
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 2 on Deck 2: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 2 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 2 along the middle of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 5 rather than no. 2"" />
<map value="BTM_FX2_KNB4" action="deck 2 var 'FX2SL3' ? effect 2 slider 6 : effect 2 slider 3
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 2 on Deck 2: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 3 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 3 along the middle of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 6 rather than no. 3"" />
<map value="BTM_FX3_KNB1" action="deck 2 effect 3 select
<map value="BTM_FX3_KNB2" action="deck 2 var 'FX3SL1' ? effect 3 slider 4 : effect 3 slider 1
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 3 on Deck 2: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 1 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 1 along the middle of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 4 rather than no. 1"" />
<map value="BTM_FX3_KNB3" action="deck 2 var 'FX3SL2' ? effect 3 slider 5 : effect 3 slider 2
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 3 on Deck 2: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 2 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 2 along the middle of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 5 rather than no. 2"" />
<map value="BTM_FX3_KNB4" action="deck 2 var 'FX3SL3' ? effect 3 slider 6 : effect 3 slider 3
"For the effect loaded into effect slot 3 on Deck 2: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 3 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 3 along the middle of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 6 rather than no. 3"" />
<map value="BTM_FX4_KNB1" action="deck 2 video_transition_select
"Select a VIDEO TRANSITION as FX4"" />
<map value="BTM_FX4_KNB2" action="deck 2 var 'FX4SL1' ? video_transition_slider 4 : video_transition_slider 1
"For the VIDEO effect: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 1 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 1 along the middle of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 4 rather than no. 1"" />
<map value="BTM_FX4_KNB3" action="deck 2 var 'FX4SL2' ? video_transition_slider 5 : video_transition_slider 2
"For the VIDEO effect: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 2 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 2 along the middle of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 5 rather than no. 2"" />
<map value="BTM_FX4_KNB4" action="deck 2 var 'FX4SL3' ? video_transition_slider 6 : video_transition_slider 3
"For the VIDEO effect: When the variation button for effect parameter dial no. 3 is pressed (THIS dial) - that is, button no. 3 along the middle of the physical controller array, THIS dial will represent effect parameter no. 6 rather than no. 3"" />
<map value="BTM_FX1_ON-SEL" action="deck 2 effect 1 active
"I think this causes FX1 on Deck 2 to toggle on/off when the ON/SEL button is pressed"" />
<map value="BTM_FX2_ON-SEL" action="deck 2 effect 2 active
"I think this causes FX2 on Deck 2 to toggle on/off when the ON/SEL button is pressed"" />
<map value="BTM_FX3_ON-SEL" action="deck 2 effect 3 active
"I think this causes FX3 on Deck 2 to toggle on/off when the ON/SEL button is pressed"" />
<map value="BTM_FX4_ON-SEL" action="deck master video_fx
"I think this causes FX4 - here assigned to video effects - to toggle on/off when the ON/SEL button is pressed"" />
<map value="BTM_FX1_BTN_1" action="deck 2 toggle 'FX1SL1'
"For FX1 on Deck 2: When button no. 1 along the middle of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 4 rather than no. 1"" />
<map value="BTM_FX1_BTN_2" action="deck 2 toggle 'FX1SL2'
"For FX1 on Deck 2: When button no. 2 along the middle of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 5 rather than no. 2"" />
<map value="BTM_FX1_BTN_3" action="deck 2 toggle 'FX1SL3'
"For FX1 on Deck 2: When button no. 3 along the middle of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 6 rather than no. 3"" />
<map value="BTM_FX2_BTN_1" action="deck 2 toggle 'FX2SL1'
"For FX2 on Deck 2: When button no. 1 along the middle of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 4 rather than no. 1"" />
<map value="BTM_FX2_BTN_2" action="deck 2 toggle 'FX2SL2'
"For FX2 on Deck 2: When button no. 2 along the middle of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 5 rather than no. 2"" />
<map value="BTM_FX2_BTN_3" action="deck 2 toggle 'FX2SL3'
"For FX2 on Deck 2: When button no. 3 along the middle of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 6 rather than no. 3"" />
<map value="BTM_FX3_BTN_1" action="deck 2 toggle 'FX3SL1'
"For FX3 on Deck 2: When button no. 1 along the middle of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 4 rather than no. 1"" />
<map value="BTM_FX3_BTN_2" action="deck 2 toggle 'FX3SL2'
"For FX3 on Deck 2: When button no. 2 along the middle of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 5 rather than no. 2"" />
<map value="BTM_FX3_BTN_3" action="deck 2 toggle 'FX3SL3'
"For FX3 on Deck 2: When button no. 3 along the middle of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 6 rather than no. 3"" />
<map value="BTM_FX4_BTN_1" action="deck 2 toggle 'FX4SL1'
"For FX4 on Deck 2: When button no. 1 along the middle of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 4 rather than no. 1"" />
<map value="BTM_FX4_BTN_2" action="deck 2 toggle 'FX4SL2'
"For FX4 on Deck 2: When button no. 2 along the middle of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 5 rather than no. 2"" />
<map value="BTM_FX4_BTN_3" action="deck 2 toggle 'FX4SL3'
"For FX4 on Deck 2: When button no. 3 along the middle of the physical controller array is pressed, the dial above that variation button will represent effect parameter no. 6 rather than no. 3"" />
<map value="KNB_A" action="sampler_volume" />
<map value="KNB_B" action="sampler_volume_master" />
<map value="KNB_C" action="key_move" />
<map value="KNB_D" action="######### MAP TO SOMETHING ##########" />
<map value="FOCUS_BTN_A" action="sampler_bank -1" />
<map value="FOCUS_BTN_B" action="sampler_bank +1" />
<map value="FOCUS_BTN_C" action="sampler_mode +1" />
<map value="FOCUS_BTN_D" action="sampler_rec" />
<map value="MASTER_BTN_A" action="sampler_mute" />
<map value="MASTER_BTN_B" action="sampler all stop" />
<map value="MASTER_BTN_C" action="sampler_loop -1" />
<map value="MASTER_BTN_D" action="sampler_loop +1" />
<map value="DOUBLE_BTN_A" action="loop" />
<map value="DOUBLE_BTN_B" action="loop_move -2" />
<map value="DOUBLE_BTN_C" action="loop_move +2" />
<map value="DOUBLE_BTN_D" action="###### MAP TO SOMETHING? BUT LED DOESNT LIGHT UP. I TRIED TO MAP SANDBOX COMMAND BUT IT WOULDNT WORK ########" />
<map value="LOOP_16TH_1" action="sampler_play_stop 13" />
<map value="LOOP_8TH_4" action="sampler_play_stop 14" />
<map value="LOOP_4TH_8" action="sampler_play_stop 15" />
<map value="LOOP_HALF_16" action="sampler_play_stop 16" />
<map value="SLICE" action="sampler_play_stop 9" />
<map value="ERASE" action="sampler_play_stop 10" />
<map value="STORE" action="sampler_play_stop 11" />
<map value="PHRASE" action="sampler_play_stop 12" />
<map value="BTN_1" action="sampler_play_stop 1" />
<map value="BTN_2" action="sampler_play_stop 2" />
<map value="BTN_3" action="sampler_play_stop 3" />
<map value="BTN_4" action="sampler_play_stop 4" />
<map value="BTN_5" action="sampler_play_stop 5" />
<map value="BTN_6" action="sampler_play_stop 6" />
<map value="BTN_7" action="sampler_play_stop 7" />
<map value="BTN_8" action="sampler_play_stop 8" />
</mapper>

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 3:18 am
I forgot the ReadMe:

###### This Behringer CMD DV-1 controller map is for VIRTUAL DJ 8.2 but there may be backward and forward compatibility, l've no idea (currently 8.2 is the latest version - 9th November 2016).

The controller map is intended to be used alongside the American Audio VMS5, the latter being on default map but just with the "Search" buttons changed to give a "Nudge" feature instead, which repeats at a specified interval if the buttons are held down.

For the Behringer CMD DV-1 map, please use the Audio-PRO1 graphical interface / skin on Virtual DJ 8, which gives 3 FX slots on each of two decks - however it may work for other skins and other versions of Virtual DJ, and if not, you may be able to tweak it until it does. FX4 for each deck on the CMD DV-1 has been reserved for VFX and video transactions respectively. Feel free to adapt it for use with your own controller of a different model.

Also please note that l deleted all the LED action commands / "scripts" that were found on the default map (you can still consult the default map via the Virtual DJ "Controllers" console), because they seemed largely pointless and l was tired of updating them for every little change l made in the actual controller functions and also because l didn't really understand LED actions too well and hey, everything kind of works without them. ######

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 3:52 am
Sigh. Erratum in "ReadMe" section (previous post):

[For the Behringer CMD DV-1 controller] FX4 slot per deck = reserved for actual VFX and video transitions respectively (not "video transactions" - kicks self).

By the way, on the American Audio VMS5 controller (l'm using it in tandem with the CMD DV-1), to change the "Search" button to a "Nudge" button which, when held down, gives a constant nudge, l set the "Nudge" to repeat at a time interval similar to the actual Nudge amount, like so:

repeat 50ms nudge +10ms for the SEARCH FORWARD button, and
repeat 50ms nudge -10ms for the SEARCH BACKWARD button

Feel free to experiment with different values for the time interval for both repeat and nudge.

To all beginner DJs: I think this thread summarises everything l, as a beginner, need to know to kickstart serious DJing with the Pro version of VirtualDJ - this thread summarises just about all my questions, except one thread where l asked people about their typical earnings given the nature of their setup and their music styles. Seems that was a sensitive issue :O

Posted Thu 10 Nov 16 @ 6:48 pm
FuchiKPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Are you using this as a separate FX controller?

That's exactly what I'm considering buying it for. I cannot find another comparable controller. Essentially I've been enjoying using three layered fx (echo, flanger, distortion) when playing techno and minimal. This introduces some amazing sound textures. However my MC7000 controller does not have enough dials etc to manipulate that many things simultaneously.

Furthermore I can't find an elegant way to display all the FX units on screen, so need something that is tangible and will light up, show correct dial positions, etc.

How have you found the unit physically and technically?

F ~_^

Posted Sun 19 Nov 17 @ 10:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)