Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Headphones work with Virtualdj, but will not ouput sound to a soundboard

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dsowaHome userMember since 2016
Hello,
I have a windows 10 laptop with a combination headphone/microphone jack. When I use VDJ to play any sound or music file through the speakers on my laptop, it works fine. When I use VDJ to play any sound or music file with headphones plugged into the jack, it works fine. When I attempt to play any sound or music file while sending the output from the headphone jack to a sound board, I get nothing. I know this is not an issue with the computer, because as soon as I attempt to play the same file through the headphone jack to the sound board using VLC player, Windows Media player, or other software, I get a strong signal output.

I am at a loss on what is going on here. I have purchased a monthly license as of a week ago (so it should definitely still be good) and I can't see any glaringly obvious setting that I have wrong. Any ideas on what is going on here?

Posted Wed 02 Nov 16 @ 11:30 am
Must be a setting on your sound card when detecting what the jack output is used for. Check under Connexant, Realtek or whichever audio card your PC has.

Posted Wed 02 Nov 16 @ 11:34 am
Hi, I think there might be a problem with your sound board going on. This similar problem happened with my friend few days back when he tried his cheap audiophile headphones from --- removed -- with sound board there might get problem, but when he was using it with his laptop or plugged in mobile it works well so he consulted technician for that to repair soundboard.

Moderator : Posting sales, weblinks, contact information is not permitted by No-Licensed Users as per our Forum rules

Posted Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 11:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)