Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: NI Traktor Kontrol S4 mk1 with VDJ 8 audio issues
Hey guys, I downloaded the Traktor Kontrol S4 mk1 VDJ8 mapping from this site for my Kontrol S4 mk1. Problem is, only one deck plays with sound, the other deck play but there's no sound. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Please help.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 2:09 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A picture of your audio config will help,
I have the very same unit, but I've remapped extensively.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 4:15 am
Hey Guys,
here is the Screenshot of both my VDJ 8 Audio and controller settings. I have been trying to setup my Kontrol S4 mk1 to work with VDJ 8 using the mapping from this site. any help is appreciated. Thanks again for your help.

Posted Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 4:14 am
Yep entirely wrong audio config

You want SPEAKER HEADPHONES

with
master S4 1 & 2
and
Headphones S4 monitor 1 & 2

Posted Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 6:56 am
Thanks for you help. I changed the settings per your advised. In VDJ 8, when you select Master from the Output, and the Kontrol S4 (ASIO), you only have options for Out Master left & right. The same for Headphones. There's no option for "master S4 1 & 2
and Headphones S4 monitor 1 & 2", however, it now works, just have to play with it to figure out how to set cue points using the controller. Thanks again, if you have and other tips or how this mapping work with this controller please let me know.

Posted Wed 19 Oct 16 @ 10:37 pm
Has anyone managed to get the S4mk1 to work on a MAC?
I can only get the soundcard configured but no buttons.

Thanks, BTW I don't want to hijack the thread, I just don't think it's worth starting an other topic for this.
I've tried the file for the mapping it doesn't seem to work on my 2 macs.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 12:44 am
@unclesam4all Ah yes I use wasaip so mine is a little different I'm glad you worked it out.

@ DJ_Fuze_MTL Have you set all the buttons to "gate" and all the encoders to "relative" in traktor controller editor? That is the only way it will work correctly with vdj.

I may host my mapping, but because NI made both the deck C/D and the shift buttons both work in either gate or momentary together and not independent [a stupid stupid idea for momentary (the way I like to have my shift button, but not deck c/d), having to hold 2 buttons far apart and then have to reach a 3rd button or a control is impossible] I have ditched the HW shift [I still use it, but not as much] and have sacrificed the sync button as a SW shift.
Also I dumped functions I don't use like loop in and loop out [I always call a loop by size]
If you're interested please let me know.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 2:26 am
Hi
Traktor kontrol s4 mk1 Driver_
Tanks

Posted Fri 06 Jan 17 @ 5:09 pm
If you need a driver, you get it from Native Instruments.

Posted Fri 06 Jan 17 @ 5:41 pm
unclesam4all wrote :
Hey guys, I downloaded the Traktor Kontrol S4 mk1 VDJ8 mapping from this site for my Kontrol S4 mk1. Problem is, only one deck plays with sound, the other deck play but there's no sound. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Please help.

YOU CAN SHARE IT I DON'T FIND IT ON ANY SIDE

Posted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 6:32 am

Posted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 12:54 pm
Как Подключим можно Трактор с4 мк1 ? на Вертуал дид - джей

Posted Mon 23 Aug 21 @ 3:18 pm