Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ 7.4.7 & Windows 10 Graphic engine glitching

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK. I am having a hard time finding any info on this and have exhausted all of the more common sense fixes that I could think of and drum up from the community.

I will do my best to describe the issue.

So, randomly, but more often as of late, my skin will act like it's loading a large file or something all the time. Song position, VU meters, jog wheels browser scroll etc.. anything that moves beyond the main waveform will freeze until i click the mouse somewhere on the display. As long as I don't move the mouse everything will operate normally. The second I move the mouse again everything starts getting all choppy again. This is making using it very difficult.

I have tried:
Disabling Windows defender
Turning off Search Indexing
Disabling all virus scanners (none currently installed)
running the virtual dj optimizer bat file
running the intel HD video fix patch
closing ALL non-essential programs
using the default skin

none of the above have seemed to have any effect at all.

It also appears to not matter if I am playing an audio file from an external drive, music video from an external drive cache file from the local HD.

It will also clear itself randomly when I 'tab' back to the program (as I just did and it was working again) and conversely sometimes that will trigger the issue.

Tonight as an example, everything was fine on startup. I opened chrome to check facebook and when I came back it had started... nothing worked until I just tabbed back to change songs and it started working again. And as I thought, when I just tabbed back again, it's screwing up again. And cleared again when I went back to change songs again.

Here are some specs of my machine:
CPU Intel Core I5-4200U @1.6ghz 2.3ghz
RAM: 8gb
64 Bit operating system
Windows 10 Home
Graphics Intel HD Graphics
VDJ 7.4.7 Skin HDDJ Jog (My skin, been using for years) also glitches on default skin.
And my CPU meter rarely goes over 10%

Here is a link to a video of the glitch in progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnlGfcJUkvE

Any productive feedback would be very helpful

Posted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 5:34 am
it appears to be something going on with video drivers. you can run this utility from intel to check for driver updates http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

also u might try and adjust the quality of 3d graphics in the intel driver panel
i had to set mine to quality instead of performance to get better results.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 9:24 am
Well, thanks for the link. My graphics drivers were up to date but it did tell me that my bluetooth driver was not. My mouse is bluetooth and after installing the updated driver and rebooting, 2 days in a row now I haven't seen the glitch.

Hoping that was the fix I was looking for.

Chuck

Posted Sat 08 Oct 16 @ 5:22 am
chakerhPRO InfinityMember since 2006
cbgraphix wrote :
Well, thanks for the link. My graphics drivers were up to date but it did tell me that my bluetooth driver was not. My mouse is bluetooth and after installing the updated driver and rebooting, 2 days in a row now I haven't seen the glitch.

Hoping that was the fix I was looking for.

Chuck

hi
i think you should use virtual 8 and your problems will disappear

Posted Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 9:06 am
Yes, that might work.

The other thing that might work is using Traktor or Serrato or PCDJ.

Thanks for the suggestion to switch to a completely different program rather that address the issue that I am looking to resolve, on the software that I need it resolved on.

I use VDJ 7 because it is what works for me. I don't use 8 because it doesn't work for my needs. That's why this question is posted in the VDJ 7 Tech support forum.
-----------------------------------

UPDATE

So this really seems to be a mouse issue of some sort. I have the bluetooth drivers updated and now the issue is much less common but it does rear it's head still from time to time. I have found that powering off my mouse and switching to the touch pad when this happens will usually clear the glitch. But, sometimes it takes a while.

At this point I am simply chronicling this so that perhaps a developer can have it in the back of their head or maybe someone who has dealt with this in the past will see it and have some sage advice.

Posted Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 7:45 pm
logitech mouse drivers and the associated software mess with VDJ .. is it a logitech mouse?

Posted Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 8:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)