Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Content Unlimited with no internet

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I had an issue on Saturday that I've seen a few times before (even on 8.1)

If I have my 3G dongle turned on, and my playout laptop connected to the wi-fi, but the 3G dongle doesn't have a signal, it causes issues.

When I go to load a song from Content Unlimited, it sits "loading". Eventually, after 1 minute or so, the entire VDJ crashes, and just closes, ending whatever song was playing.

After that, no content unlimited song will load until I've got internet access again.

This caused big problems on Saturday.

1: Is there a way to manually re-license the Content Unlimited songs, so that I can do this at home before going to a gig
2: Can there be better control so that if it can't find an internet connection that it doesn't crash

Thanks

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 7:05 am
Hi freestyleents,
you can manually refresh the drm's before a gig, just go to the download cache folder in CU, select all, then right click and it gives an option "refresh drm"
hey presto ... job done and you're good to go..
as for the other issue, I've never had that happen, so I can't help you there.
best
ray

Posted Wed 28 Sep 16 @ 8:26 am
Great.

To replicate the issue, I'd suggest connecting to a wi-fi 3G dongle, but take the SIM card out so the wi-fi dongle doesn't have any internet, and see if it does the same to you.

Thanks

Gavin

Posted Thu 29 Sep 16 @ 2:33 pm
hey Gavin,
just wanna ask; do you try to play your songs direct from CU, or do you download them first and then play them from your downloaded content?

I don't have a dongle thing, I only use CU for the few strange/unusual requests that I get from my customers before my gig, otherwise I have my own 30,000 tracks in my library, that I have have bought and paid for.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 16 @ 9:23 pm
Always download them first - I always right click the file and "download to cache".

So these were songs previously downloaded - some the day before.

There's the odd occasion I download on the fly, but only where needed.

Posted Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 1:28 pm
BTW, I can't see a "refresh DRM" option. Can you replicate the steps exactly please.

Posted Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 1:29 pm
Hello again,
ok, step by step (even with a photo)
open Content Unlimited
open Downloaded Content, so all of your files appear in the centre browser panel.
left click on a file to highlight it and then press ctrl a to select all the files
with your mouse still on the centre panel do a right click and you should see this;

Refresh DRM, hey presto, and you're good to go!

hope that helps
best
ray

Posted Sun 02 Oct 16 @ 11:35 am
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
wait you can donwload the sounds that popup from other users in in content unlimited?

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 8:24 am
I've had the same issue. Poor internet...loads for about a minute, then VDJ totally crashes. Done it to me 2x now. I'm on early release updates and just updated to latest as of 10/3/16. Last version is what crashed but don't see anything saying that was an addressed issue in history. With no internet, just says error. With good internet, no issues basically streaming.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 16 @ 9:20 pm
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

So two issues:

1: The error that comes up when there's no internet - it should still let me play the track
and
2: The most important one, is that it causes a complete crash of the system - everything exits. This must be addressed please.

Posted Sat 08 Oct 16 @ 2:53 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Which error comes up exactly?
Just tried and when I disconnect the internet connection all my cached cu files still play fine.

Posted Sat 08 Oct 16 @ 3:03 pm
When you drag a CU song in to the deck, it comes up with ERROR where the title of the song should show (or possibly where the wavform should be).

After about 1-2 mins, Virtual DJ completely exits.

This only seems to happen with Virtual DJ thinks there is a connection, but it's not working, ie, a wi-fi network that has no connection (in my case a 3G wi-fi dongle that had no 3G connection)

It's happened every time I've had no 3G connection.

It's as if Virtual DJ tries to refresh the DRM whenever it thinks there's a connection available, and this is what fails.

Posted Sat 08 Oct 16 @ 7:56 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
This is a cached content unlimited song, or a link to a non-cached song?
If it's a cached song and you opened vdj with an internet connection less than a week before it should start loading instantly.

Posted Sat 08 Oct 16 @ 8:03 pm
Every CU unlimited song I have is stored in the cache. I always download to cache (I wanted to avoid any issues like this!)

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 11:42 am
ihallamPRO InfinityMember since 2016
This might be a wholey inappropriate posting, but given that a lot of people have been buggered up by the latest update and the lack of official comment and support is poor, I did some looking around and had a play with some alternatives. Might I suggest Future.DJ Pro and its Pulselocker integration, which offers a similar paid service to Content Unlimited (although this works) you also get 2 weeks to try it out for free.

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 8:13 pm
raypitman wrote :
hey Gavin,
just wanna ask; do you try to play your songs direct from CU, or do you download them first and then play them from your downloaded content?

I don't have a dongle thing, I only use CU for the few strange/unusual requests that I get from my customers before my gig, otherwise I have my own 30,000 tracks in my library, that I have have bought and paid for.

Well good for you that you have 30,000 tracks in your library that you have bought and paid for.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 6:05 pm
I'm having the exact issue as mentioned above. It isn't playing a cached file, it happens when I try to load to deck from search results. It'll say loading for about a minute, then the whole projgram crashes.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 6:20 pm
Any update on this Virtual DJ staff?

It's a major issue having the entire software fall over.

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 5:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)