Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to; Perform A Action Automatically When A Track Is Loaded, Tutorial

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 2:09 pm
This is gold, what other pulses are there to play with?

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 3:30 pm
DJPhaseFour wrote :
What other pulses are there to play with?

None! :P

Honestly, most actions can be queried directly.
"load_pulse" is an exception (special action)
Usually on most scripts you would use the "loaded ?" query instead of "load_pulse"
However "loaded ?" constantly returns true when you load a new track on a deck since technically the deck is loaded ALL the time.

An action that's not a pulse but you may want to play with and have some fun is "browser_isactive"

It returns true for 5 seconds when browser related commands are sent to the program via a controller or a skin (buttons / custom buttons)
It does NOT return true when you use the mouse to manipulate / navigate the browser though.
For the default VirtualDj 8.2 skin it could be used like this:
repeat_start_instant 'rsiAutoBrowserZoom' 200ms & browser_isactive ? browser_zoom on : browser_zoom off
That would make the default skin to switch to zoom mode every time you scroll through your tracks with your controller.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 6:48 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
repeat_start_instant 'rsiAutoBrowserZoom' 200ms & browser_isactive ? browser_zoom on : browser_zoom off
That would make the default skin to switch to zoom mode every time you scroll through your tracks with your controller.

How would I do with SliverSleek and a Pioneer DDJ SP1??

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 6:59 pm
The HW is unimportant, for always on, you'd want the script on ONINIT or only on demand, on a custom button.
for on demand see how I made the load_pulse script on demand.
Toggle a variable, query the variable, if true start the repeating script : if false stop the repeating script.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 7:30 pm
I can't wait to get home now, going to try our both of these. Will also set the load pulse to turn off browser zoom maybe. If I do a video on this I'll be sure to send people to your blog.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 8:38 pm
A sound idea, [browser zoom off on load] As for linking to the blog no problem, the more people know the better.

If any users who speak English as a second language want to translate this to their native tongue feel free.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 9:07 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :

How would I do with SliverSleek and a Pioneer DDJ SP1??

SilverSleek #3 does use the browser zoom command.
#SilverSleek 2 doesn't

Therefore if you use SilverSleek #3 just add the action I typed above on your controller's <ONINIT> element.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 16 @ 9:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)