Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Effects For Mic On Aux/Deck - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

NosvenLE userMember since 2015
At present VDJ uses a ''Real Time BPM'' calculator for external signals being inputed to a deck via Aux/Mic. This is great for applying VDJ's effects to the external signal. I've tried it with CDJ and love it. However when using the Mic on the Aux/Mic input deck, the bpm is all over the place.

In cases where the Mic is being used, "Real Time BPM" calculator should be turned off on that deck. Instead VDJ should feed the "On Air" master deck's bpm to the Mic deck. This way effects could be applied to the Mic effectively. Now when you talk or sing on the Mic and add some effects such as echo it will be in timing with the "On Air" master deck.

I hope this feature will be implemented. Imagine if you want to spice up vocals a little you have to go outside of VDJ for effects box and DJ mixers with effects send and return. I know this feature I describe works in Traktor. It Would be nice to see this in VDJ.

Posted Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 1:58 am
It has been over a year now since this request has been made, is there a plan to implement this feature?

Posted Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 10:01 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 11:17 pm
From what I see in this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdceYcq4P2Q0 ) is the only two way of applying effects to the mic. The plugin you linked me to seems to be another way of just getting to the efx perameters.

My issue here is the bpm fluctuation.

Posted Sun 14 Jan 18 @ 3:21 am
This pad page applies effects to the mic channel (turned on and off on the master panel), not effects of the deck.
The mic channel already follows the bpm of the active deck, so that should solve your problem

Posted Sun 14 Jan 18 @ 4:59 am
Adion wrote :
This pad page applies effects to the mic channel (turned on and off on the master panel), not effects of the deck.
The mic channel already follows the bpm of the active deck, so that should solve your problem

The mic channel don't follow the bpm of the active deck, VDJ instead applies a live bpm counter to the mic channel. This was already explained to me in this thread ( https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/212341/VirtualDJ_8_2_Technical_Support/AUX_INPUT_BPM_NOT_FOLLOWING_MASTER_DECKS_BPM_.html ) as a result I started this thread.

I think I've explained this very clearly at the begining of this thread. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Posted Sun 14 Jan 18 @ 6:27 am
When running the mic through a deck it will indeed use a live bpm counter.
I'll check again but I'm quite sure it follows the active deck when using the dedicated mic channel

Posted Sun 14 Jan 18 @ 10:37 am
I hope this feature is implemented. I believe VDJ 7 has this.

Posted Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 2:32 am
Hi Adion, were you ever able to check that out?

Posted Sun 18 Mar 18 @ 9:55 pm
Looks like the mic channel currently uses deck 1 bpm, I'll fix so that in the next update it follows the active deck.

Posted Mon 19 Mar 18 @ 9:07 am
Adion wrote :
Looks like the mic channel currently uses deck 1 bpm, I'll fix so that in the next update it follows the active deck.

Thanks for your effort, however that would not solve the problem. Using master effect on the mic which would be the only option when using the mic channel is not ideal, because every thing passing through the master is effected when an effect is engaged.

Since the effects on the decks is the only way to add effects to the mic without effecting the music, It's the live bpm counter that needs to be switched when you engage 'line in' on the deck skin so that the bpm of that deck follows the active deck.

Posted Mon 19 Mar 18 @ 8:05 pm
I hope this request don't fall through the cracks.

Posted Sun 01 Apr 18 @ 11:54 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You're not reading what has actually been written. The mic channel isn't the master channel, it is it's own channel. it is just activated via the mixer master panel.

What you want is available now.

Posted Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 12:33 am
locodog wrote :
You're not reading what has actually been written. The mic channel isn't the master channel, it is it's own channel. it is just activated via the mixer master panel.

What you want is available now.

I did read what Adion wrote. Try selecting "echo" effect from the master panel and activate it while playing a track and talking in the mic, then tell me what happens. You will see that the music and the vocal from the mic are both effected by the echo effect.

Posted Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 1:36 am
Because you're applying it on the master channel, not the mic channel.
To select/apply effects on the mic channel, you can use the pad page which was linked before.
(And you can assign these actions to your own controller/keyboard/skin if you want as well)

https://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80618

Posted Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 2:16 am
Adion wrote :
Because you're applying it on the master channel, not the mic channel.
To select/apply effects on the mic channel, you can use the pad page which was linked before.
(And you can assign these actions to your own controller/keyboard/skin if you want as well)

https://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80618

Adion, I've tried that "mic fx" plugin before, over and over again. It's assigned to the pad page which is assigned to the decks. When you select "echo" when your on that "mic fx" plugin it follows the live bpm of what vdj interprets from the mic input.

Have you tried this plugin? I know I have and it makes no difference to that live bpm.

Posted Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 2:51 am
What build are you using?

Posted Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 2:59 am
locodog wrote :
What build are you using?

The latest build.

Posted Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 3:05 am
There seems to be some confusion here,
Please confirm you tried all of these together
You've tested with build 4204, you're used the mic channel (As activated on the gui's mixer master panel) you're using the mic fx pad page to call the echo fx on the mic channel, you have music playing out on a deck and this is the active deck?

Posted Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 3:49 am
locodog wrote :
There seems to be some confusion here,
Please confirm you tried all of these together
You've tested with build 4204, you're used the mic channel (As activated on the gui's mixer master panel) you're using the mic fx pad page to call the echo fx on the mic channel, you have music playing out on a deck and this is the active deck?

After reading your post and trying it again I got it to work. I apologize Adion and locodog, thanks for your help.

Posted Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 3:43 am
91%