Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: No Language Files for 8.2?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Since some words of the German translation of VDJ are not ideal, I have edited them in the language files in 8.1.

However in 8.2 these edits dont seem to be loaded anymore. Are the language files obsolet? Is there another way to modifly the translations?

Thanks for a hint.

Posted Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 7:35 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
As far as I know with the introducation of 8.2 a new method of localisation was implemented.
I'm not sure how exactly it works, but yes you are correct, the language files should be obsolet now.

Posted Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 8:39 am
Mine's still working with the language files. The option to pick the file is still there in config.

v8.2 3390

Posted Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 8:47 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
For the default languages the xml's are now included within the executable, so that they always match the version you are running.
You can still add xml's with a different name in the Languages folder if you want to have your own language file.

If you see things that are wrong, I would suggest to open a topic in the relevant language forum and put the suggestions there so it can be picked up by the team and the official translation updated.

Posted Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 9:40 am
Hi Adion, thank you for this info.

Yes the key is to create a language file with a different file name than the original, otherwise its impossible to select it in the options.

I will post my feedback about the translation issues in the German forum.

Posted Sat 03 Sep 16 @ 8:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)