Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ License

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PatC74Home userMember since 2012
I recently moved to a new place and got a new laptop. Unfortunatly, I seemed to have misplaced my Virtual DJ LE CD that came with my Numark Mixtrack.Luckily, I still had the box that the controller came in and was able to register it on Numark. Upon downloading the latest version, I noticed that I can only use the controller for 10 minutes. I HAVE asked for some help from Numark to obtain a license number for VirtualDJ, but my question is, if I can get the serial number and use it on the newer version, would it work? Because if it doesn't, my DJing may be over before I even get my first gig unless I can find a free program that works with it. I can't afford to pay for a license.

Posted Sat 20 Aug 16 @ 7:00 pm
once Numark gives you the serial number, register it here and then go to your ACCOUNT/DOWNLOAD and download your LE COPY of VDJ.

Posted Sun 21 Aug 16 @ 4:26 am
Thanks for that. Unfortunately, I got an email back from them today, say, "As this is an older product we do not have any codes for the software available. This will need to be a purchased version of the software which you can get right at Virtualdj.com". So, I might as well just try to sell my stuff at the yard sale my complex is having in 2 weeks, as I won't be able to use it anymore.

Posted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 5:34 pm
That's pretty poor for Numark, sounds like they are just trying to brush you off.

They should have a record of unit serials vs software serials even if it is an older product.

Poor customer service that.

Posted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 5:42 pm
PatC74 wrote :
I might as well just try to sell my stuff at the yard sale

Why? Because you couldn't get a freebie?

You paid for the MIxtrack didn't you? What's the problem with paying for a VDJ license?

There's even the option of a monthly subscription (which I see other DJ s/w vendors are copying now).

Posted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 6:31 pm
The problem is, I currently have no job and no money. I even had to close my bank account because all I have left is $5 in there. I bought my controller in 2014 through a seller on Amazon. I never did pay for Virtual DJ and just kept the free version originally. That's the only problem I see out of this. Numark SHOULD have been able to provide me with the number but haven't.

Posted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 6:45 pm
I'm sorry to hear that. I was in the same boat for five years.

You know free DJ software does exist - just not on this site. Depending on exactly what you need it to do, it may well be adequate for what you need.

Just be aware of any terms and conditions they may have when using it for gigs though. Like VDJ, there may be restrictions when you've not paid for a license.

Posted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 7:34 pm
When I read stuff like this it makes me sad, you are giving fuel to the people who try to undercut DJs on prices or don't apprciate what we do. If you cannot afford even the Monthly subscription for the pro version of VDJ then it might be time to try something else.

Posted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 9:43 pm
LOST MY SERIAL NUMBER FOR HERCULES CONSOLE RMX .WHAT SHOOLD I DO??? HELP ME PLEASE

AN LOST A PEDESTAL FROM HERCULES 4MX .WHAT SHOOLD I DO??? HELP ME PLEASE

Posted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 2:45 pm
Click "my account" at the top of the page to get your serial number.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 16 @ 2:58 pm
bonjour, je viens d acheter une console dj hercules rmx , mais il y a eu un probleme avec le cd (casser dans le transport) j ai le numero de serie. que dois je faire et quoi telechager ???? car il dois surement tourner avec vdj 5 djc

S'il vous plait essayer notre forum francais ici je vous remercie.

Posted Sun 04 Dec 16 @ 8:53 pm
i have v7 and i want to use my timecode lic w it. how do i do this

Posted Sun 04 Dec 16 @ 11:46 pm
djonix4evea wrote :
i have v7 and i want to use my timecode lic w it. how do i do this

You can't use a version 8 Controller/Plus license with version 7. The only way to get VDJ 7 Pro now is to buy a full Infinity license for VDJ 8.

Posted Mon 05 Dec 16 @ 9:03 pm
Hi there, hoping that anyone can help... I recently bought a Numark mix track 3, I just found out after calling Numark...which it took several attempts. That they don't issue key codes to activate Virtual DJ software as falsely advertised on their product box or website. Now I'm stuck with a trial version that will end in 5 days...just wondering if anyone had the same experience or has any good advise... Thanks

Posted Tue 06 Dec 16 @ 11:03 pm
The Mixtrack normally comes with Virtual DJ LE. You normally register the product on Numarks website and then it gives you a code which you use on VDJ to download the LE version. Its not the full version and some features will be missing.

Posted Tue 06 Dec 16 @ 11:07 pm
pioneer ddj wego setup

Posted Tue 06 Dec 16 @ 11:37 pm
Hi guys, I am just about to sell my Numark Party Mix to upgrade to the American Audio Versadeck, and I was wondering if I can unregister or move my license. Is there a way to do that or will they have to ask numark for another license code? Or if worst comes to worst, will I have to give them my account details?

Posted Sat 24 Mar 18 @ 5:37 pm

Posted Sat 24 Mar 18 @ 6:00 pm
I got a numark party mix controller what do I need to make it play whit my mixer

Posted Sat 24 Mar 18 @ 6:36 pm
Kennydread, your question has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. Please don't hijack someone else's thread. You can find the information that you need here, thank you.

Posted Sat 24 Mar 18 @ 7:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)