Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Scratching while playing doesn't work in any way
IWantMeControlleristMember since 2014
Hi, I noticed this just now, it could have been there since version 8.1, I don't know.
If I have a song playing, I can't scratch like one would do when touching the touch part of the jogwheel. Not by using the mouse, not by using the physical jogwheel of my Discover DJ Pro. In the latter situation, it does slow down / speed up like when you turn the jogwheel without the touch part.
Does anyone else have this problem? How do I fix this?
Kind regards,
Kasper

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 11:45 am
If your controller has a vinyl button hit it then try

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 11:51 am
Search in settings for vinylMode and change to yes.

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 11:53 am
IWantMeControlleristMember since 2014
And of course, the day I decide to post my problem it fixes itself without me doing anything. Thanks anyway for your help guys!

Posted Fri 19 Aug 16 @ 3:39 pm
I have a Numark Party Mix DJ controller, and as a bedroom DJ, I like to mimic those 90's DJs who do monstrous turntable tricks. But when it comes to me scratching so fast and excessively, my Virtual DJ crashes-especially when I'm making a recorded file and I would have to reboot my computer. Is there any way I can still do tricks on my Virtual DJ with my controller without crashing it?

Posted Wed 05 Sep 18 @ 2:40 pm
Not sure if this has been solved by "not magically" as yet but I am having the same issue. I can scratch while on pause but as soon as I play a track I cannot scratch. I've tried on PC and Mac, same issue. Contacted support, no help.

Posted Fri 27 Mar 20 @ 10:17 pm

Posted Fri 27 Mar 20 @ 10:33 pm
turn off smart scratch

Posted Fri 27 Mar 20 @ 11:56 pm
Is anyone having an issue with not being able to scrach in the new update.
I have a ddj sb3 and it was working grate with virtal dj tell the update happend. When I go to jog the song forward with the side of the jogwheel it works but when I put my hand on the top of the platter and try to jog the songs forward or back it dose nothing and scratching is a no go at all even in vinyl mode.

Posted Tue 14 Apr 20 @ 5:05 am
Im trying to setup keyboard scratch mapping ........d scratch - 120ms but doesnt respond

Posted Sat 27 Jun 20 @ 1:02 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Search in settings for vinylMode and change to yes.

Thank you so much for this. I'm at a corporate Christmas party during dinner and was worried I wouldn't get this fixed before the dance. Cheers

Posted Sun 11 Dec 22 @ 1:40 am