Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Content Unlimited - How to download for offline use

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello all! I just signed up for Content Unlimited and thought I was downloading music to later use while I'm not connected to the internet. When I tested it out and disconnected my connection, none of the content was there. So, I must have done it wrong. Could someone tell me the steps to download music to later use? Greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 5:37 pm

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 5:41 pm
Thank you very much for the help!

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 5:55 pm
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I also pay for Content Unlimited and find it useful.
My observation is that most of the time when searching I get very little true "Content Unlimited" material. Instead I get a large scroll listing of Net Search material.
Most of that material is suspect to say the least.

Here's VDJ's description:
In addition to the above, audio and/or video plan subscribers will also be given access to stream content at their own risk from various free on-line services via the NetSearch folder. This helps you fill requests for brand new songs that are not yet available via your subscription plan as well as requests for obscure songs. However, the quality and availability of this content may vary considerably. You should always pre-listen to this free content first to check its quality before playing it out live to your audience. Users with an audio plan subscription only are limited to streaming the audio part of free videos.

So, although I am not happy with my steady results of not getting solid Content Unlimited music for those off the wall requests we get at the average gig, the system has forewarned to check it out (and even better download it to caché) before hitting play.
So, it's there, I know the risks-- and in more than one occasion I have found that rare song-- checked it out by downloading to caché-- and finally let it go to play at gig.
In my opinion, well worth the monthly fee. :)
You just have to play with it and get used to making sure you never ever want to play that song until you know it's not going to bite you in the butt.
It's a whole lot more than we DJ's had in our bag of tricks back in the day when a song request had to be a question of "Is that one I have in m stack of records/CD's" or is that one I don't have?.
Now you can quickly move in the direction of "is that one I can find in a reasonable time to make this request work?"
Truthfully, we also have to consider whether we are dealing with some idiot's request for an obscure piece of crap that will kill a dance floor or something worth scrounging around for.
That consideration relies mostly on our level of experience. :)

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 6:50 pm
Thank you for those words of wisdom! I'm actually as new as new can be to this. A friend didn't have money for a DJ at his wedding, so I said I would do it. I've never DJ'd anything in my life! I have 2 months to get up to speed and try to pull this off! I appreciate the help and the insight!

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 10:25 pm
HutsyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I'm fairly fortunate that most of the tunes have been completely fine but I agree - pre-listen and cache the "clean" ones. There will be the odd radio rip too where you have jingles and dj chat so watch out!

As for being brand new - good luck!

I took the beginner course from these guys: http://www.digitaldjtips.com/how-to-dj-training-courses/ and it made EVERYTHING click for me and allowed me to accelerate my learning. Was so glad I invested. There's also a wedding dj one there too but not got access to that one.

All the best.

Posted Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 10:31 am
tmaylumPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I see to download content with pc u right click the song. What about with a mac?

Posted Sun 19 Mar 17 @ 2:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)