Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mac running hot v8.2 b3311

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

I have updated to 8.2 and my Mac seems to run hot with VDJ - no stress on the CPU or memory according to activity monitor - just seems to make it HOT.... This exact issue happened when v8 first launched and I seem to remember it was something to do with the GUI...

Specs:

Yosemite 10.10.5
2.2 GHZ i7
16gb DDR3
1024 ATI Radeon 6750M

Posted Tue 19 Jul 16 @ 8:45 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
which skin are you using ?

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 12:35 am
Just the default skin as I always have to try and minimise potential crashes etc......

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 4:30 pm
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Is your Mac powering your controller via USB?
Are you running strictly audio, or also adding video?
Is your laptop sitting flat on a surface or is it suspended on a stand? (That relates to plenty of airflow from all directions).

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 5:43 pm
It does it just when the software is running (no hardware added)
Strictly audio
Same issue even when well ventilated.

Checked activity monitor and nothing looks worrisome. Same issue when 8 originally came out, they did something to fix it but I can't remember what. I will try it at my gig tonight and see how I get on!

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 6:03 pm
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
OK-- Good luck-- Reason I asked the above is I run the same gear:
Apple MacBook Pro 15-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 Processor, 16 GB RAM)
On the positive side-- That same gear is used by archeology students in extremely hot tropical regions -- meaning super hot on the outside PLUS super humid, and it keeps on tickin' -- I'm sure your Mac will handle the load until somebody comes up with the solution your are looking for.

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 6:25 pm
Hey, ran 8.2 at my residency on Sat night and happy to report no problems all night, hooked up to CDJs and with external HDD on Thunderbolt. And yes- it was warm here too!

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 1:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)