Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Video output blurred - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi all, I've downloaded 8.2 and now for some odd reason my video output is blurred/pixalated. The two deck screens show the video perfectly its only the output that is affected. This is on default skin and the same on two other skins I've tried. All was good with 8.1 running perfectly. I went back to 8.1 and all I got was all blank video screens. Downloaded and reinstalled 8.2 again and still the same blurred output. Win7

Posted Fri 08 Jul 16 @ 11:00 pm
double click the video box on VDJ and it should be fine

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 12:16 pm
I have the same issue.
I have video graphics in sample banks that are coming out distorted and pixelated! I opened a ticket with VDJ and they've directed me here!?

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 1:04 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you (both) please provide further info ..

- Video card ? (with updated drivers ?)
- Resolution of the ext monitor
- Resolution of the played videos
- setting videouseDXVA (yes/no)
- setting videoMicroFrames (yes/no) ?
- setting VideoResampleQuality (High/Medium) ?

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 1:34 pm
Gonna show my lack of computer knowledge now!

I'm using the software on a Macbook Pro. When I click on the video master output to bring up the video I get the video along with the additional window (which incidentally no longer has the close/minimise/maximise red/yellow/green buttons in the corner). Content unlimited videos play fine on the window but video graphics such as the Phil Bearman graphics which are played through the sample banks are showing as distorted which would mean they would play distorted on the output screen.

I have no idea of the answers to the other questions you asked. I'm pretty useless with computer jargon.

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 2:01 pm
I did add images to my last post but they don't appear to have uploaded. Will try again in this post!

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 2:02 pm
The Master Video preview doesnt have a frame and controls in version 8.2
But you can resize it properly, double-click inside the area to toggle between full-size and windowed and you can also right-click to get the Close/Minimize options

Can you check the settings above , and see if in Maximized view its better ?

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 2:30 pm
No still looks distorted and pixelated.

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 2:54 pm
Can't upload image for some reason

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 2:57 pm
So playing with these settings
- setting videouseDXVA (yes/no)
- setting videoMicroFrames (yes/no) ?
- setting VideoResampleQuality (High/Medium) ?

nothing is changed ?

What is the video card of your computer ? (Brand/model)

Images larger than 2MB will not be uploaded. Try to resize them or select only the part/window that you need to show us instead of the entire screen.

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 7:38 pm
I can't see where those options for settings are?
Are the in the options of virtualdj or main computer?

Posted Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 12:13 am
Just had a look at the options and clicked on "All settings".
Changed videoUseDXVA option to No and normal service has resumed!!
Was that option part of the latest update and what does it do apart from destroy graphics? lol

Posted Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 12:25 am
I'm running nvidia GTX280 card with all drivers up to date. Video macro set to smart, DXVA-no, video resample-high. Changing thesis has no effect on the blurry screen.
I've discovered out of curiosity if I go into BIOS at start up and disable both video cards then save and restart the problem goes away. Until the next 'normal' start up.

Posted Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 12:51 am
I forgot to mention that this happens with any video, even milkdrop is blurred. Anything that shows in the middle screen is blurred but both deck screens are perfect. This happens with and without an external screen connected.

Posted Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 1:00 am
No video plugins are activated?

Posted Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 4:05 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You are talking about the middle screen, but how does the actual video output (either second screen or the video window) look like?

Posted Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 4:30 am
No plugins activated at all. Yes the middle screen. Same on monitor or video window if no monitor attached.

Posted Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 6:00 am
Like I say, I selected no on videoUseDXVA and it solved my problem. Have any of you also tried that?

Posted Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 12:19 pm
@djgunnie
Which Video Transition is selected ?
Can you try with a different one ?

Posted Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 11:14 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
AngusElFlaco wrote :

Was that option part of the latest update and what does it do apart from destroy graphics? lol

It is not a new option. It's been there for some time now but it wasn't available when v8 was released.

This option allows your computer to offload some calculation work to the grafics cards processor (GPU) instead of the computers main processor (CPU). VDJ should performe better with this option enabled if you are playing videos.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 8:31 am
43%