Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: removing a song from a deck?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This week I had to switch to a 4 track skin from the default UI options in an attempt to get recording to work, as was pointed out to me in an earlier post to do. That, of course, only partially worked and I got no response to my follow up. While that will kinda screw me for an event this Sat., I still think I can do the Father/daughter dance mashup live (just not as detailed and polished as I woulda liked) and have been practicing the cues, so its not a killer. I do have an issue that is, to me, more pressing. With 4 decks, I am getting 4 waveforms at the top. I am trying to take advantage to this for some flair with extra loops in a mix, but have discovered that this skin has no "eject" button, like the Mixlab skin does for a deck. So once I use deck 3 or 4, I am stuck with a yellow or green wave form in the top window. Is there any way to remove a song from a deck once I am done with it, to clear out the wave forms? A side note, I would also love a reverse button, again, like the Mix lab skin. Is that available for the 4 deck default skin as well? Thanks for any help.

Posted Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 1:04 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Long right-click on the STOP button ejects the track

Reverse is not offered in the default VirtualDJ skins.
You can use/choose any custom skin from here http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/ (some may have this) or assign the action reverse to some keyboard/controller key
Alternatively, you can choose the CUSTOM Pads page and assign that action to one of the 8 pads (or even create your own Pad pages)
Read further details about Pads here http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj8/interface/decks/decksadvanced/pads/index.html

Posted Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 1:07 pm
I read this posting and I also want to remove a track from turntables occassionally . Thank you for the answer. Much appreciated

Posted Fri 08 Jul 16 @ 12:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)