Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Ask The DJ in v3268: feature or bug? - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kradcliffe wrote :
So if the Twitter hashtag is left blank it will revert to the web interface?

Still not very clear to the end user ......

That's why this whole post was made... to have both monitoring not one or the other PLUS a more user friendly way to switch...

Posted Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 5:37 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
kradcliffe wrote :
... don't have a strategy and are making it up as they go along.

Yes, it's a methodology called Agile. I use it in my day job. Not necessary suitable for large, glacial projects (see Waterfall,) but it is finding quite a bit of love in startups and highly competitive markets especially in the last few years.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 7:17 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
SBDJ wrote :
Your users can either:

* Go to ask.the.dj and let the geolocation find nearby DJs that are online
* Go to ask.the.dj and enter the venue name you've set up
* Go to ask.the.dj/venuename

Seems to be an issue with the setup webpage however, let me look into it.

Venue portion now works with the webpage. I just tried it! Thanks, Scott!!

Posted Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 9:26 pm
when trying to reply to message while running video, once the popup comes up screen starts to flicker and cant reply to message but system doesn't freeze and you can still select and load tracks

Posted Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 3:29 am
GypsyThor wrote :
when trying to reply to message while running video, once the popup comes up screen starts to flicker and cant reply to message but system doesn't freeze and you can still select and load tracks

ok its a problem with the popups had it happen again when a different security popup for a song already playing on deck

Posted Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 6:32 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What is your videoForceFullscreen setting (in options)?

Posted Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 7:44 am
SBDJ wrote :
What is your videoForceFullscreen setting (in options)?

that fixed it was set to 1, put -1 and no problems now Thanks

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 1:58 am
feature request on ask the dj, would it be possible to have an option for a popup notification that lets you know you have a message

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 3:47 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
A pop-up would be a bad idea. Pop-ups usually distract users from doing their "main" job and mostly used to "warn"
AskTheDJ notifies you in 2 ways.
- The AskTheDJ folder is showing a (number) in the Folders list.
- the Request is shown an the bottom of the Songs list (toggling between Live Recommendation and Request).

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 4:27 am
Can you please add currencies to tipping feature.

AUD and NZD

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 4:30 am
djdad wrote :
"A pop-up would be a bad idea."

+1

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 9:12 am
GypsyThor wrote :
feature request on ask the dj, would it be possible to have an option for a popup notification that lets you know you have a message

djdad wrote :

This should be enough, no ? I mean that if "AskTheDj" folder is not in focus (and you have selected to always monitor for new messages) it shows the number of new messages on it's name like "AskTheDj (5)"

A pop-up that would appear on every new message would definitely be a bad thing if 10 people try to send you a message at the "same" time... Imagine that you're on a wedding, you announce the feature and you have 50 guests sending you messages almost at the same time... It could end up to be a nightmare...

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 10:03 am
djdad wrote :
A pop-up would be a bad idea. Pop-ups usually distract users from doing their "main" job and mostly used to "warn"
- the Request is shown an the bottom of the Songs list (toggling between Live Recommendation and Request).

how is this a bad idea to have an option for. In my line of djing which i dj 6 hours a night and dont have my eyes on my laptop all the time it would be beneficial to me that is why I asked for the option. It might be beneficial to others in my industry where you are watching the stages and crowd more than your pc. The way I would use it is for my entertainers and mgmt. so to have a check option for it would be perfect for my application... once again something you could select if you wanted it.

Posted Sat 02 Jul 16 @ 3:14 am
mikadadPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I DID THE SET UP AND SENT myself 2 test requests via the mobile page on my samsung note 5 and 20 minutes later still no nothing, i have the monitoring set to ALWAYS. any one else this not working for? this was working in the previous build

Posted Sat 02 Jul 16 @ 7:18 pm
mikadad wrote :
I DID THE SET UP AND SENT myself 2 test requests via the mobile page on my samsung note 5 and 20 minutes later still no nothing, i have the monitoring set to ALWAYS. any one else this not working for? this was working in the previous build

+1

Posted Sun 03 Jul 16 @ 6:17 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Is internet working on the laptop? (Can you search content unlimited for example)
And make sure no twitter hash tag is setup if you want to use the ask.the.dj page.

Posted Sun 03 Jul 16 @ 6:51 am
Here's an idea...

Posted Sun 03 Jul 16 @ 11:00 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
mxkiwi wrote :
mikadad wrote :

+1

I tested this out during a gig Saturday night, and this morning. I used the Venue's wifi. I was able to send myself messages. The Geolocate didn't work at first because I had blocked location services on my phone. I was able to use my URL without issue. After enabling location services for my phone's browser, it worked properly. I saw the notification counter increase in my folder list. And, the new message came through without issue.

Posted Mon 04 Jul 16 @ 2:52 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
royvanmeel wrote :

Agree, so I think of making a QR-code of it. Put some QR-cards on the tables or on the front of your dj booth? :)

Just a suggestion i saw in the german forum

Posted Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 6:45 pm
BigDawgProductions wrote :
Here's an idea...

great idea

Posted Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 1:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)