Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: USB 3.0 Not supported

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

eschu35ControlleristMember since 2016
So i think my problem is that my Macbook has 3.0 USB ports and I'm not sure if the Mixtrack 3 supports 3.0. Does anyone have any advice for me? My problem is my computer not recognizing my controller.

Posted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 11:30 pm
I don't know anything about Macs, but USB 3 ports are backward compatible, meaning they accept USB 2 devices. It would be different If the controller was USB 3, and the computer was USB 2. I'm not even sure that's true. So maybe it's the cable, the port on the controller or Mac, bad controller, drivers not installed correctly. Have you tried this controller on another computer? Have you tried connecting a hard drive to the USB port on the computer?

Checked the USB 3 to USB 2, and it is backward compatible, you just won't get the faster transfer speed.

Posted Sat 18 Jun 16 @ 4:24 am
My new problem is that the controller appears to be ready to mix but in the settings it says to unlock the controller for $99 but i just purchased the analog mixer license so i don't know if i bought the wrong license or what but i want to start mixing ASAP

Posted Sun 26 Jun 16 @ 6:19 pm
probably the audio setup so you have it configed as Master & headphones?

post a screen shot of audio setup

if u purchased analog mixer license that doesn't work for the mixtrack 3

Posted Sun 26 Jun 16 @ 7:27 pm
At the usb port that you plug your controller is there another usb port next to it? Try to avoid usb ports that are together on the same side and use 2.0

YOU DON'T need 3.0

Also, get a quality USB cable. Invest on that. Its worth it.

Posted Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 5:16 am
eschu35 wrote :
My new problem is that the controller appears to be ready to mix but in the settings it says to unlock the controller for $99 but i just purchased the analog mixer license so i don't know if i bought the wrong license or what but i want to start mixing ASAP

Please contact support http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html
You purchased a wrong license. For Mixtrack 3 PRO you don't need an "Analog Mixer License" You need a "Mixtrack 3 PRO" license. Also the correct sound setup for this unit is "Master & Headphones". With the correct sound setup you should not get the "Analog Mixer License required" warning.

Posted Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 7:21 am
Anyway i can get a refund for buying the wrong one.

Posted Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 4:19 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posted Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 2:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)