Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: 8.2 w/ MC6000/Win 7 " load B" not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I upgraded to 8.2 earlier today, everything seemed to be working fine. Now, I can't get anything to load on 'B." I'm only using 2 deck configuration. As an aside, I tried to go back to 7 as a backup, and now the "browse" button no longer works (to pop-out the song list to full screen). I don't know if the 2 issues are related or not--but I'm a little nervous about my gig Saturday at this point.
thanks,

Posted Tue 14 Jun 16 @ 3:19 am
cnymikePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Matt, I'm using a Mac and I experienced what I think is a similar issue.

I had just done an OSX update and afterwards I fired up VDJ 8.1 and could load songs on Deck 1 and Deck 2 but sound would not be heard either in headphones or speakers from Deck 2, only Deck 1.

I wouldn't get sound out of my headphones or speakers until I changed Audio Settings in VDJ to Built-In Output.

Not sure what to think at this point. But I went to VDJ7 and same thing happened. So it seems to be related to my system update. But since I"m on a Mac and you are on a PC, not sure if these are entirely different issues or related in some weird way.

Posted Tue 14 Jun 16 @ 4:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Probably 2 different issues here.
@cnymike please open a new topic and provide further details about the hardware/sound card you are using.

mattgreven wrote :
Now, I can't get anything to load on 'B." I'm only using 2 deck configuration.

Would you mind explaining further ? Tracks dont load on deck B ? How are you loading them , using some hardware/controller or mouse ? Do tracks load on deck B but not heard through speakers/headphones ?

mattgreven wrote :
As an aside, I tried to go back to 7 as a backup, and now the "browse" button no longer works (to pop-out the song list to full screen).

Which exactly is the "Browse" button ? Is it on some skin (and which one) or on your controller (and which one) ? Are you trying to load a ver 8 skin in version 7 ?

Posted Tue 14 Jun 16 @ 4:40 am
Yes, I'm using a Denon MC6000 controller. Tracks are loaded with a button on the controller--A works fine, B doesn't do anything all of a sudden. Even when drag/drop from laptop, nothing loads on B. I'm freaking out a bit--have a gig this weekend! VDJ 7 is messed-up as well.

the "browse" feature is also directed by a button on the controller--it does the same thing as the software button that zooms-out the song llist to full screen. It's very convenient to keep your hands on the controller and toggle back/forth between the decks and the song list w/o having to grab the mouse, trackpad, etc., and find the tiny icon on the screen.

Posted Tue 14 Jun 16 @ 12:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Lets focus on version 8.2 here, or else we wont be able to figure out what happens.

First lets see if the factory settings work for you, so do these..
- Open VirtualDJ 8
- Goto Settings->Interface tab and choose the Default skin (should be at the top of the list). Better choose the 4 Decks one.
- Goto Controllers tab and select the Denon MC6000 from the top-left window, and then select the "factory default" from Mapping (on the right side)
- Close Settings.

Try to load tracks again, using either mouse or controller and see they load now.

As for the Zoom Browser mode, the Default skins have a dedicated button at the bottom-left side of the Browser, or you can assign that to a button on your controller using the action browser_zoom.

Let me know if it works that way.

If the above work, then something is wrong with either the custom mapping of the Denon or the skin you are using.

Posted Tue 14 Jun 16 @ 2:02 pm
Thank you, now the B deck works! Can you elaborate on how I assign the button to zoom out? I have more questions on 8.2--is it possible to speak with someone in tech support?

Posted Tue 14 Jun 16 @ 3:28 pm
NVM, I figured it out (browser button assignment). Hopefully my settings saved.
Next--when I press the "deck change" button on the MC6000, with V7 it would just change the color on the deck. In 8.2, it does not change the color of the deck on the screen, but it hides the song info that's there. Is there a fix for this?

Posted Tue 14 Jun 16 @ 3:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)