Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VirtualDJ 8.x is stuck in fullscreen mode (or maximized window, cant tell) cant switch to movable window to drag onto other screens

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mln44Home userMember since 2015
Hi,

all versions since virtual dj 8 are stuck in fullscreen mode for me (or maybe it is maximized window mode, cant tell, it seems to stretch out to fullscreen no matter what skin and resolution) even after first time clean installation with all previous preference files removed. i didnt manage to find a way to switch to windowed mode that could be then dragged onto other monitors and resized like i am able to in VDJ 7. Both on the same pc, same time, windows 8.1 pro 64bit.

( there is an older 2014 thread about this here already with no solution http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/192673/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Virtual_Dj_8_stuck_in_full_screen_mode__.html )

What i tried:
- toggling the modes of the upper right maximize button (it changes color but application is still the same and fullscreen), then in each mode trying to drag or double click the title bar top of the interface / the virtualdj logo, or find an edge of the application to resize. Nothing happens, cursor doesnt change to the cross indicator icon like it used to in vdj 7.

- tried switching to tablet mode, retrying the above, and switching back

- tried running it with -window parameter, tried to run in all compatibility modes and ran as admin

- tried different skins, different resolutions and changing the preferences / pref. files but the interface will always just stretch to fullscreen on my main monitor

- tried different versions of VDJ 8, its the same in all of them

- tried disabling all other applications that could possibly be causing this

- tried the suggestions in the older above mentioned 2014 thread

relevant hw specs:
i7 3930k, 64gb ram, ati hd7950, 5 screens, win8.1 pro 64bit

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 12:06 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Did you try with only one monitor connected ?

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 1:45 pm
yep, the same behavior with single monitor, again stretches across the whole screen even over the taskbar, no matter what skin or its resolution, alttabbing can bring other windows on top of it and the taskbar appears again but the maximize button does nothing. just minimizing works.

i settled with a workaround of using autohotkey script to reposition and resize the window as that seems to work but it doesnt make the maximize button start working and still cant drag the window around and resize by mouse but at that point thats not really preventing me from using it anymore.

i think this is probably some random rare very specific problem with os or drivers or whatever else os related is installed and i didnt try uninstal os updates etc just to test this. perhaps it will fix itself as i move on to newer os

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 5:51 pm
A home user with five screens? Seems a bit extreme...

You don't mention your screen resolution (any of them). It's also not clear whether you're using the Windows resizing/ scaling via the Control Panel.

If your five screens are different resolutions then my guess is Windows or VDJ (or both) is getting very confused about what resolution is where.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 6:00 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Also, how are the 5 screens connected to that card ? Coz I only see 4 ports on its back. Could be usefull to explain that.

Posted Tue 14 Jun 16 @ 7:50 am
Altho unrelated to the problem, i'll explain:
the gpu is hd7950 Flex, it has dvi-d, dvi-i, hdmi and two miniDP ports. i also have a hdmi splitter in that that mirrors the main monitor onto wacom lcd tablet so its technically 6 screens (im into 3d animation stuff, even 6 screens isnt enough) but that has nothing to do with this vdj problem as i tried it with just one single monitor physically connected to the gpu as mentioned in above post and the behavior was the same. the resolutions are all 1920x1080.

desktop scaling: control panel - display - larger (150%) but i tried the other ones too with restarts inbetween and still the same.
if i change screen resolution, the behavior is still the same.

but again, dont worry about it anymore if its just me having this problem. With the autohotkey repositioning workaround im able to function and i plan to go for win10 soon anyway, that should clear things up

Posted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 2:30 am
wissimPRO SubscriberMember since 2015
Same thing happening to me, I'm using it on a standard laptop, only really started happening on the past 2/3 updates. Would love my taskbar back as we operate powerpoint as well and it saves a lot of keyboard work!

Posted Wed 03 Aug 16 @ 1:58 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If set to 1 try changing the setting "videoForceFullScreen" back to 0 and after that try toggling the fullscreen mode with the maximize button at the top.

Posted Wed 03 Aug 16 @ 3:27 pm
So has there been a fix for this? My surface book is having the same issue of being stuck in full screen mode.

Posted Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 5:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)