Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Using sideview for "Ask the DJ"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Djay_7PRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you drag "Ask the DJ" to sideview, it shows the current list fine. When you clear it out it shows the audience URL message as expected. If you add another request, it doesn't populate in the sideview, only the main view when selecting the folder on the left. Is this working as intended, or is it just me? :)

Cheers,
Matt :)

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 11:31 am
It works as intended. However we'll see if we can change that behavior.

Technical stuff:
"Ask the Dj" checks for new messages only when it's selected on the main browser. That was made in order to reduce network traffic.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 11:49 am
Djay_7PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hopefully others agree that it would be nice to have this as an "extra" window, rather than a folder option - i.e. be able to see it all the time while using VDJ as you normally would without having to open a different window to get updates is all.. Great work guys, and something a lot of us will use :)

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 12:25 pm
+1 I agree that a side list could be nice, or an indication that a new item has dropped into the ask the dj folder.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 1:23 pm
...as an "extra" window....
+1 from me. We could put this on a panel and skinners will find some smart ways of place ;o)

Posted Tue 14 Jun 16 @ 8:01 am
some notification/alert a request is received would be nice.

Posted Tue 14 Jun 16 @ 4:48 pm
+1 on adding it as a panel and some notification. Maybe an option to have it check all the time... kind of like the auto-download for album covers.

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 11:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)