Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 working perfectly and then....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

3 weeks ago I did a wedding, VDJ 8 worked perfectly. Last night I set up for a ceremony and it worked great. I moved after the ceremony, set everything back up, but this time had new ligthing set up. During my sound check songs were skipping. They would pay for about 10 seconds, skip and play. Could the new lighting somehow make VDJ skip? i'm at a loss

Posted Sun 12 Jun 16 @ 8:49 pm
Do you have any fog/smoke machine ? Fog/smoke machines are known to drive some controllers crazy (and therefore make software act crazy as well)

Posted Sun 12 Jun 16 @ 9:33 pm
No fog machine, but a Chauvet Obey 3 controller and other lights were connected to the same electrical strip as the computer power.

Posted Sun 12 Jun 16 @ 10:50 pm
Don't know if this will help...I had the same problem with songs skipping during the first few seconds then the song would play through. I did find out that there is a setting on my mac (can also be a setting on a windows computer also) that keeps the internal and external drives from sleeping. Totally fixed my problem.

Posted Sun 12 Jun 16 @ 11:16 pm
djlaura.lj wrote :
Don't know if this will help...I had the same problem with songs skipping during the first few seconds then the song would play through. I did find out that there is a setting on my mac (can also be a setting on a windows computer also) that keeps the internal and external drives from sleeping. Totally fixed my problem.

Any idea what the setting is? The strange this is that it was working just fine. I'm going to set up the system tomorrow and see if I can replicate it.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 12:48 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Just make sure lights with a large power consumption are powered from a different circuit than your computer.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 12:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)