Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: top played - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok still learni g vdj8 used it first time saturday night with new ddhsx and not one problem.
quick one though in 7 my top played songs from all my folders when opened would be on top of list cant see a setting in 8 any help

Posted Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 5:51 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Just create a filter folder with: "top 50 nbplay"
which has the same filter/ results than the "Most played" folder in V7

Posted Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 7:10 pm
Mate its not a filter folder.
i have loads of folders as ive musuc from 50s up ect.but 7 always kept the most played from each folder in rotation as played top out of each folder

Posted Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 8:07 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
did you try to add a collum with play count to the track browser ?

Posted Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 8:15 pm
Ill check that pal when ive gear set up thanks

Posted Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 9:20 pm
Cant see a top played in file options.can any admin help.maybe this feature is a database set up only in vdj7.
basically when i open any folder in 7 my most played in that folder are at the top

Posted Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 7:20 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Right click the field headings, artist bpm key etc and you'll get a set of options to pick the field headings you want, you want to include 'playcount'

Posted Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 10:14 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
And after that, sort your browser list by play count by clicking on the play count column header.

Posted Mon 15 Feb 16 @ 10:10 am
Thats the one cheers lads.
why has this been changed 7 dies it automatically without play count been sekected

Posted Wed 17 Feb 16 @ 8:22 pm
Ok maybe admin can explain.
again tried 8 saturday although no problem all night still miss the way my folders in 7 kept most played at top of each folder and when played dropped to end of folders.
is this a feature thats gone or am i missing a setting

Posted Mon 22 Feb 16 @ 6:35 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002

Posted Wed 24 Feb 16 @ 5:28 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
In the browser

Posted Wed 24 Feb 16 @ 5:47 pm
It was never a filter folder and shouldnt have to set one up.all my folders are seperate the way i like them so top played ect filters is not what im after.
in 7 when open up vdj at gig all fokders have most played automatically on top inside folder.
then after played would go to end of said folder after leaving that folder.
this to me was done within vdj without the use of filters ect

Posted Tue 01 Mar 16 @ 8:49 pm
I'm confused.

Surely what's at the top of the list depends on the column(s) you're sorting by...

For instance if you have artists listed alphabetically, then A will be at the top - not the most played tracks.

Plus, if you sort by artist then the sort is global i.e. it affects the results in all folders.

Posted Tue 01 Mar 16 @ 9:29 pm
As Staffy is saying, for some reason V7 put the most popular tracks at the top as a default when you selected a folder. V8 doesn't do this. I think that's what he wants to happen.

Posted Tue 01 Mar 16 @ 9:56 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The 'smart' order from v7 is still available by sorting by the icon column.
It was not based on playcount though, but a combination of last played, not played in this session and closeness in bpm and key to the currently playing song.

Posted Wed 02 Mar 16 @ 7:19 am
As Staffy is saying, for some reason V7 put the most popular tracks at the top as a default when you selected a folder. V8 doesn't do this. I think that's what he wants to happen.
EXACTLY.so what changed in 8

Posted Thu 03 Mar 16 @ 10:35 am
There were a lot of changes to the way the browser sorts in V8.

as Adion said above, if you click where the arrow is it will enable smart order for each folder. It's still there in V8 but not obvious to find.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 16 @ 11:09 am
Might be a good idea to mention that in the manual, and (as Keith says) make it more obvious on the browser.

I didn't know it existed, and I'm a long term user! No other "multi star" forum members in this thread appear to know about it either - no one mentioned it....

Maybe useful to have smart_sort as a command too, so people could assign it to a button.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 16 @ 6:08 pm
The manual needs a good overhaul anyway. So many things not mentioned in it and not updated since the release of V8.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 16 @ 6:10 pm
83%