Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Contiguous memory problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was fooling around with VDJ8 tonight and got this message and lost my sound!! What can I do to rectify it?

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 5:38 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
That usually has to do with the max buffers setting for the video ram in the options. Also, have you adjusted the file preload time, or is it still default?

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 5:48 am
I haven't touched anything. I just started playing with 8. I know what to do in 7 but can you give me step by step what to do in 8

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 5:51 am
I don't see anything about buffering or ram in options

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 5:53 am
preload is set to 50. I never touched it

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 5:55 am
Unfortunately, I won't be at my PC for another 8 hours or so. I'm trying to see if I can find the setting in the manual or a Google search. It was an adjustment I had to make in VDJ7. The Auto setting was fine for me in 8. Some older builds had issues with some users as well. But it was reported to have been fixed in Build 2453.
Are you using 8.1 with the current build? I think the public release is still 2770

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 5:57 am
videoMaxMemory Is the variable.
You have to go into settings>options>video> to find it. Make sure the Advanced options is checked in the upper right.
You also need to know the amount of memory your video card has.

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 6:01 am
Yes 8.1 with current build

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 6:02 am
Do I change it to manual or just leave it automatic

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 6:03 am
The variable description is listed on page 110 of the user guide.

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 6:04 am
Specs say 2g of discrete video mem. I have an Alienware m17 R4. This never happened in the past with 7

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 6:07 am
Yes I read the description earlier but it doesn't say what or how much to put

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 6:13 am
videomaxmemory has always said Automatic (1982)

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 6:16 am
What about videoUseDXVA?

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 7:00 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If videoMaxMemory is almost 2000 in automatic, you could try to put a lower value there yourself. Try 400 for example.

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 7:10 am
Just did a wedding last night and this cursed messsage came up right as the dance started to begin and the sound was browing out in transitions until it quit altogether. . Thank god I had a second laptop there to use while I rebooted my newest laptop as follows. It seemed to behave but I was on pins and needles all night as I exclusively VJ. So, I have an ASUS Republic of Gamers laptop Model GL552VW with i7-H6700HQ Processor at 2.6 GHz, 12GB of RAM Win10 OS X64. The Video Card is Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 530
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M with 2G/4G GDDR5 VRAM

Here is the rub. When I open my VDJ 8.2 Vb3573 to the video settings it shows that my videodriver or graphics card is the lowly Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 as my graphics card with no way of changing it to the NVIDIA one as I understand these laptops have dual video hybrid like cards - there is "no' visible way to change the card being accessed from VDJ that I can see.
Also the videoMaxMemory setting is set at Automatic (120) with no visible way I can see of changing it - How does one change it within VDJ if possible to prevent the contiguous memory problem I am seeing more frequently now? It seems the computer works ok forawhile but over time it degrades to the point where the memory error comes up at every transition or you load a music video on the other deck or as the "on deck" video...
Very frustrating to have a very high speed laptop with no visible way of harnessing the horsepower!

Posted Mon 27 Feb 17 @ 4:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)