Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: "Unable to start recording" message when format is set to MP4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Not sure what the problem is, but I am getting this every time I try to record video. It was working fine before I upgraded VDJ to 8.1. Any suggestions?

Lenovo Y70
Windows 8.1
Intel i7 2.50GHz 16GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 7:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you sure both Filename and format show the same Mp4 selection in Settings->Record tab ?
Just tried and records fine here.
Can you try to choose a different folder in case there is a permission issue ?

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 10:48 pm
File name and format match, and I tried several different folders. Should I reinstall?

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 12:57 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No, re-install will not solve anything. Actually managed to reproduce something similar and already reported to Dev Team. Thanks for reporting.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 1:02 am
Is it still possible to download any of the versions prior to 8.1? If not, I'm in a pickle until this gets sorted.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 8:56 pm
I decided to try to restore settings to default, and I'm back up and running for now. I'll let you know if anything changes when I put things back how I want them.

Posted Wed 09 Dec 15 @ 4:36 am
It was the record video height was too small. When I changed it I was able to record again. it was at 405 which worked in the past, but I had not tried to record since several builds ago.

Posted Wed 09 Dec 15 @ 5:33 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It should work fine, but width and height probably need to be a multiple of 16, which vdj doesn't do automatically yet.

Posted Wed 09 Dec 15 @ 5:53 am
hello my virtual dj 8 wont record videos. I press record and the program resets please help

Posted Tue 12 Sep 17 @ 5:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)