Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Slide show Vs. Image Sampler

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I do quite a few awards ceremonies where I'm given a series of images to accompany each award.

I run them through the sampler for each one as the award is announced and the slideshow for them all afterwards.

Slideshow handles the images correctly and provides bars to keep the right format. However, sampler zooms each one and looks awful.

Is there any way to overcome this without having to pre-resize the images to the correct format please?

Regards
Roy

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 4:49 pm
With VDJ 7, you can select an image to display but not with vdj8 (one of the things I miss in vdj7)

What I use to do this with 7, put each award/image on its own folder. When it's time for me to show that image, I select that image from the right folder.

I wish VDJ8 works the same way but Nah :)

If you really need to do it, just use VDJ7 (I dunno any other I can recommend, ex: like Don's Telly Media or Essential something) PM Don Moir and see maybe one of his plugin will do.

edit: Just came to mind, I need to test it.

What if you put the image/award on it's own folder like I did in vdj7 and select the right folder (using vdj8)?..... I know you can't select an image in vdj8, but you can select a folder (but with only 1 image in it). Wonder how long it will show it. In vdj7 it was instant.

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 8:06 pm
ok just did a test. Created 3 folders and shoved 1 image in each folder.

It works but with a little delay. You have to adjust yourself when it's time to display.

The only thing is just a little flicker happens, even if you adjust the settings to 0s for fade and 1s for speed.

I think it should be OK. At least I know I can do this when the time comes for me again.

edit..... here is a setting so it won't flicker.

Set fade to 0s, and set speed to 30s. Now this will work for me :)

Thanks for bringing it up or I would not have tested it for you.

edit again..... If you set the speed to 30s, it won't change the pic when you select a folder (at least with 1s for speed before, you had that little delay, I guess it's 1s delay the it shows the image) now I guess when it reaches 30s it will display the image.

Better than nothing.

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 8:22 pm
Thanks for your time on this. I'll have a try with those ideas. If I find anything else I'll post

Posted Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 10:44 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It will be fixed in the next update so that sampler also preserves the aspect ratio based on the letterBoxing setting.
You could also manually fix it in the meantime by editing the sample in the sample editor and dragging the image to the desired size.

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 5:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)