Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Remove Already Played INTERRUPTED song playing on Deck 1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Automix was running and a song playing on Deck 1. I clicked to, 'Remove Already Played' in the automix list, and it removed the songs already played AND the song currently playing, then started playing a new song. It abruptly interrupted dancing on the dance floor.

VDJ 8.1 Build 2582.1086

Posted Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 4:33 pm
I'm guessing if you had Automix active (which is not recommended when working live) that the song had got past the point where it registered as played, hence Automix replaced it with the next unplayed one which would be correct behaviour.

This wouldn't happen if Automix is disengaged. Personally I only use it for background music and never when actually working live to a dancefloor.

Posted Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 4:54 pm
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Do you not have "auto removed played" selected for automix? just wondering why you manually removed it
Ditto automix for background only
kradcliffe i can manually delete song while playing automix when shown as played when playing and it continues to play (not that i would in a live situation though)

Posted Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 4:55 pm
Ah OK, I just assumed it would do that automatically .......

Posted Sun 29 Nov 15 @ 5:03 pm
soundxtreme, I tested (v2587, PC/Win7) and everything seems to be working as it should. It did not interupt the song currently playing.

Posted Mon 30 Nov 15 @ 2:32 am
soundsxtreme wrote :
Automix was running and a song playing on Deck 1. I clicked to, 'Remove Already Played' in the automix list, and it removed the songs already played AND the song currently playing, then started playing a new song. It abruptly interrupted dancing on the dance floor.

VDJ 8.1 Build 2582.1086

Usually Automix won't do that. I mean I use the same command (remove allready played) all the time!
However I wonder: If you had an "allready played" song coming up next and your automix type was set to "Smart" or not...
If that was the case perhaps there's a rare case scenario that what you describe could happen:
1) The remove command changed the next song in automix
2) Previous automix decision was (as an example) a fade out on the end of the track
3) New automix decision (since the next track changed) becomes a beatmix on a position really close (or even exact) at the current playtime.
So now automix effectively starts playing the next song as well...

This is just a draft scenario and kinda of hard to achieve/reproduce but it would be nice to know your automix setting and whether or not the next song in the list was already played or not (thus removed with the remove command)

Posted Mon 30 Nov 15 @ 7:48 am
my crossfader in virtual dj 8 its not working is stock in the middle , on the controller works just ffine but I cant use the headphones because I hear both decks, my controller its a Numark Mixdeck Express.
any one knows the configuration or I need an update maybe

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 12:01 am
Please start your own thread, your issue has nothing to do with this subject. Do not hijack threads, thank you.

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 6:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)