Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Track Gain/Volume drops when loading track on other drive

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If i have song playing, load track on other drive an audible drop in level is heard, when that track finishes it does it again when i load another track

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 3:29 pm
What are you're soundcard settings? I think what could be happening is that when you are loading another track onto the spare deck the volume is dropping because it is using one of the channels as a headphone output. Hope this makes sense.

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 5:38 pm
This is using on Home PC, will try on main disco PC later tonight

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 5:57 pm

Think so as this is fine
Thanks

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 6:00 pm
paulpa66 wrote :
This is using on Home PC, will try on main disco PC later tonight

You should either set Headphones as channels 3&4 or you should click on "Speakers" only button.
The way you have set it up, it shows that both Headphones and Master Volume go out from the same channels of your soundcard.
This means a "double" volume when a deck is playing out with PFL selected.

Posted Mon 30 Nov 15 @ 7:15 am
paulpa66 wrote :

Think so as this is fine
Thanks

On this image you should remove the second line completely. So, you should click on "Speakers" only button.
This setup uses the same soundcard channels twice for the exact same reason (send the master volume). Not good! :)

Posted Mon 30 Nov 15 @ 7:17 am
bobo1954ControlleristMember since 2014
IF I HAVE A SONG CUED UP, THE MOMENT YOU PLAY THE SONG CUED, THE OTHER DECKS VOLUME WILL DECREASE. HELP

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 8:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
When such audio issues occur, most likely you have incorrect audio configuration or both the Master and Headphones are sent to the same sound card channel.

Please read manual (Chapter E. Audio Setup Gude - pages 90-97)
http://www.virtualdj.com/images/pdf/VirtualDJ8_User_Guide.pdf

and this wiki page http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Pre-listening%20with%20headphones%20with%20Sound%20cards%20without%20ASIO%20drivers.html
(very important in order to make sure the 2 stereo channels of your sound card - if available - are properly separated)

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 8:47 pm
i have assigned the z key on my mac to move crossfader from deck 1 to 2...but cannot seem to assign the x button to do the opposite action....also i would like to assign the < and > to move the crossfader incrementally....help please !

Posted Sat 03 Nov 18 @ 6:27 pm
azdj706PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
not one of these patches or fixes resolves the problem. There is another issue. My setting are all correct and it still does it

Posted Sun 06 Oct 19 @ 6:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)