Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: First beat? Why can't VDJ ever detect it?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Very rarely does VDJ ever find the first beat of the track and indicate it on the "beat sequence" across the top. It seems I have to set the first beat of every track..

What am I doing wrong?

Posted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 2:09 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I myself hate that too. But to help the team, tell them specifically what songs are not get marked correctly for you so it can be tested and fixed.

I see them all the time during my sets and just don't take the time to document. Otherwise I would jump in on this topic.

Posted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 3:04 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
I'm assuming you have gone into:

Settings---Options---Audio---AutoCue (The use the drop down menu to tell VDJ8 where you want it to load tracks)

See the picture.

I keep my AutoCue set to always load at the first Cue point and it works flawlessly.

Here's a video I did that mentions the AutoCue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UzSFE891IM

Good luck.

Posted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 4:03 pm
ProfLee, I think you may have misunderstood what djmagicmoments is trying to say. I think he's asking why VDJ doesn't allocate the first main beat (the start of the bass rhythm for example) to beat grid number 1. I too find myself having to adjust and set the beatgrid for a lot of my tracks. I just assumed that's what everyone else has to do also.

Posted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 10:24 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Sigh.... Another thing I harped on that was in 7 and somehow thrpugh a complete rewrite to 8 magically appeared. It was consistantly 1 beat off.

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 12:19 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
toppadon wrote :
ProfLee, I think you may have misunderstood what djmagicmoments is trying to say. I think he's asking why VDJ doesn't allocate the first main beat (the start of the bass rhythm for example) to beat grid number 1. I too find myself having to adjust and set the beatgrid for a lot of my tracks. I just assumed that's what everyone else has to do also.

Ah yes, you are exactly right. I DID mis-understand what he was referring to.

I often have to adjust the CBG to my Cue point on the fly. Until this is a resolved issue, I use the following keyboard mapping to on the fly adjust the CBG to my first cue:

SHIFT+B to activate the script: set_firstbeat

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 3:26 am
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
This is also something I seem to be increasingly doing with alot of my tracks.

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 6:32 am
Yeah, I mapped q for deck 1, and p for deck 2, not that big of a deal for me. Sometimes I do it, sometimes I don't, because I mix by ear.

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 6:39 am
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I mix by ear too but what I have noticed when using freestyler is if the beatgrid is off then some of my light sequences that are set to use sound to trigger them don't look right because the beatgrids are out. No biggie to quick press my mapped key on the keyboard but still.

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 6:44 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
My observations are that it will not get the beat right for tracks somewhere between 100 and 80 bpm.

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 2:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)