Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: Reload tags batch action doesn't reload Key into the DB

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The "Reload tags" batch action won't reload the Keys from tag to db. Tested with all ID3v2 versions.

Typical use case: I got a bunch of new mp3s that I run through Mixed in Key. I then open VDJ. No DB entry exist yet for those tunes, so VDJ browser displays the tag value instead.
Now, I analyze them (either by loading them on a deck or by running a batch analysis): VDJ creates DB entries with its own "sub-optimally"-detected keys.
My songs now have the MiK key into their ID3 Key tag, and the VDJ key into their DB entry: this is verifiable in the tag editor for each individual track.
Now if I select all of them and hit "Reload tags", like saying 'let tags have precedence', it does nothing. (it reloads the tags except the key).
I would have to use the tag editor, hit the "^" button next to the key... for every tune. Not really practical.

Video that shows the test procedure: https://youtu.be/EqY9ToW7Gho

Maybe a quick, easy and meaningful fix would be a new setting like... "make analysis trust existing tags"... don't know how to express that in a way that is both short and newbie-friendly though :p

Posted Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 11:59 pm

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 12:01 am
Well, in the test video there is no MiK at all, actually. Just ID3v2.3 (the recommended version for use with VDJ, thanks for your feedback on the other thread!) and the INITIALKEY tag (that is being persisted to by VDJ, and read from as well before the analysis ran).

Why is there a DB at all ^^ Makes sense for cue points, first play / last play etc., but everything available through ID3 should just be plainly delegated to ID3, no? haha
Okay well there are audio formats without ID3... That might be why

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 12:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)