Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: I have a default playlist !?!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Build 2582.1086, some how, something created a default playlist. Just saying that seems a little odd.:)

Posted Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 3:25 am
Okay, going beyond the first post, every time I delete this default playlist from under the root folder playlist folder, VDJ8.1 re-creates the same default folder again!! Over and over. This is an exciting adventure we're on.:) Windows 8.

Posted Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 3:31 am
That was always the case with VirtualDj 8

The "default" playlist holds the content of your "automix" / "playlist" window on the browser so that it can get saved among sessions.
Same rule applies for sidelist as well only that the name is more abvious: "sidelist.m3u"

Usually these files are created only when needed which means they are created only when you have files on sidelist or playlist window.
If these windows are empty when you shut down VirtualDj then there should be no such files on your playlist directory.

Can you please confirm that ? (That without any files on the automix/playlist window you don't have a "default.m3u" playlist file on your playlists folder)

Posted Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 9:27 am
Well Phantom you are exactly right! Closed VDJ8.1 with a playlist in Automix, VDJ created the default playlist, closed VDJ8.1 with Automix cleared, no default playlist was created. It works just like you said, but I never had this happen to me with VDJ8 so I was a little confused. I understand how it works now. Thanks!!

Posted Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 1:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)