Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: bugs to key diff ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djsadimPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Why is this?
This problem exists and v8.0

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 2:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
and it was like that in version 7 too. Its not a "problem". Its how it was designed for.
meaning that Key difference = 0 was always showing the "compatible" songs, the ones that have Key one less and one more than the playing one in the Camelot wheel.
Makes sense to change 0 having the exact value though, or having an additional argument for the exact match.

EDIT: Just saw that you are getting a larger range in difference than the +1/-1 i get here. Did you try to rescan those 8A tracks ?

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 10:15 pm
I agree that (according to English language) a difference of 0 is no difference, and so keydiff=0 should only display keys that are exactly the same as the current track.

In other words, 0 (zero) is nothing, so it is saying "the difference in key is none".

To show keys that are either side of the current track, keydiff should be 1 (i.e. one key above or below). It makes more sense that way.

Posted Sat 21 Nov 15 @ 7:24 pm
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
When i was messing with Mixed In Key and then tried to change the Music Keys scanned by VDJ i noticed that the system VDJ uses to correspond the Numerical Key to the actual Musical Key isn't the same with the Camelot Wheel but i am not a proff. musician to argue with that, but maybe it's not correct?
See 01A in VDJ means G#m but in Camelot Wheel it's A-Flat major! That's not the only one, check all the keys and you'll find more (actually most of the XXA keys are wrong!)
So maybe that's the problem with the key difference...

Posted Sat 21 Nov 15 @ 8:09 pm
Chreece wrote :
01A in VDJ means G#m but in Camelot Wheel it's A-Flat major!

1A is A Flat Minor, not Major (A Flat Major is 4B).

A Flat is the same as G Sharp (it's the black note between G and A).

Posted Sat 21 Nov 15 @ 8:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)