Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Issues with content unlimited - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

was working perfectly fine last night, this morning though I keep getting an error when trying to load some songs off of content unlimited. Some work fine, others won't load and just display an error when i try to load them into a deck. And by some I mean most of them do not work, but find it hard to believe that it'd be something on my end when maybe about one out of every 20 will download and load fine.

Posted Sun 20 Sep 15 @ 2:16 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
All Contend Unlimited Tracks or perhaps some Tracks of VirtualDJ Cloudlists also ?

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 7:01 am
I tool was using content unlimited with no problems but starting last week, maybe one out of 20 will work.. I am using the latest version of 7.something as I heard that the version 8 still has bugs.. does anyone know why content unlimited is having these issues?

Posted Sun 22 Nov 15 @ 7:29 pm
I signed up for content unlimited and got music but I wanted karaoker how can I rectify this

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 12:29 pm

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 1:05 pm
The Content Unlimited is giving me the same problems.... it's like we are paying $9.99 a month to cache a pirated youtube file. I can tell because I can see the same secondary qualifiers like (HD!). is it worth it anymore?? When it was powered by grooveshark this was hardly an issue. Where does content unlimited stand? I am basically stuck paying only to continue using my previously cached songs. UGHH!

Posted Tue 08 Dec 15 @ 11:42 pm
robkrush1029 wrote :
Tonly to continue using my previously cached songs.

Well if these are tracks that you're needing on a regular basis, maybe you should buy them?

Posted Sun 13 Dec 15 @ 12:05 am
Yes, content unlimted is not worth it anymore. I decided to do an 80s Movie soundtrack night, and yeah, luckily I had time to search through all my CDs and rip them to mp3 because out of the top 50 80s movie songs I think I could get only 2 from content unlimited. And yes, it seems like any song I want to play is not available or is from youtube or some crap like that. Seriously, if you advertise "ANY" song, you best have "ANY" song available which content unlimited does not have. It should be renamed, Content limited. You are going to be very limited on your selection of songs and if they do show up, 9 times out of 10 they wont even load.

Posted Sun 13 Dec 15 @ 5:58 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
CU Audio songs will load fine, however netsearch results probably won't load in v7 any more.

The CU audio catalog is pretty extensive; I just searched a bunch of 80's songs and they were all in there and available - lots with multiple versions including original single, DJ friendly edits, redrums and remixes.

I just googled a top 50 80's movie soundtrack chart, and of the top 10 in their list, 8 were available on CU audio.

Sounds to me like you aren't using the latest v7 version so aren't actually getting the current catalog results.

Posted Mon 14 Dec 15 @ 12:57 pm
I have the latest version of 7 and C.U. does nothing. Has not worked for some time. It used to work perfectly and apparently I am not the only one having issues. So VDJ why don't you step up and fix the problem. For now, I am cancelling my C.U. subscription til you guys figure out the problem. i refuse to pay $10.00 a month for something that does not work or works poorly.

Posted Mon 14 Dec 15 @ 3:41 pm
Is content Unlimited completely down now?

Posted Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 7:37 pm
Pops57PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Guess I got my answer so I won't bother asking. Songs Unlimited is a joke, we cannot stream anything on VJ 7 unless you get a contract with Grooveshark. It's pretty bad you will not tell customers so you can keep that 9.99 a month from how many thousands for nothing. We pay for the use of these programs and you keep upgrading giving us a product that will not show our songs and artists such as your VJ 8.1. I'm searching for a new product which may not look as fancy but will play my songs and be able to search by artist and song. You customer service is terrible, techies may know what they are doing some times but they are the worst for getting back to a customer and explaining in terms we all can understand. Somebody needs to read what is put on the Q&A' other than techies and do something about it.

Posted Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 6:27 pm
Pops57 wrote :
Guess I got my answer so I won't bother asking. Songs Unlimited is a joke, we cannot stream anything on VJ 7 unless you get a contract with Grooveshark. It's pretty bad you will not tell customers so you can keep that 9.99 a month from how many thousands for nothing. We pay for the use of these programs and you keep upgrading giving us a product that will not show our songs and artists such as your VJ 8.1. I'm searching for a new product which may not look as fancy but will play my songs and be able to search by artist and song. You customer service is terrible, techies may know what they are doing some times but they are the worst for getting back to a customer and explaining in terms we all can understand. Somebody needs to read what is put on the Q&A' other than techies and do something about it.

I don't understand this post. I've just tested it on v7.
Both content unlimited (the songs that gets the green globe in v7) and netsearch (the un-validated stuff that gets the gray globe in v7) work
Here are 3 pictures of both of them working on v7.4.7:
Content unlimited:

Net search:

Here is one Content Unlimited track and one Netsearch track playing at the same time:

Also what do you mean by "unless you get a contract with Grooveshark"?
As far as I know Grooveshark doesn't exists anymore?!?
Content unlimited is powered by two other pools now
Net search is powered by free stuff from the internet

Can you explain further?

Posted Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 8:36 pm
SBDJ wrote :
CU Audio songs will load fine, however netsearch results probably won't load in v7 any more.

Both of them still loads fine on 7.4.7
I've tested i 5 minutes ago

Posted Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 8:38 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
At the time of my posting 7.4.7 wasn't publically available - it includes fixed netsearch ;)

Posted Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 2:34 am
SBDJ wrote :
At the time of my posting 7.4.7 wasn't publically available - it includes fixed netsearch ;)

Oh... Ok :)

Posted Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 6:34 am
No issues here. I paid for my subscription and virtual pro 8 licence. I'm running WIN 8.1 on a Lenovo laptop. About 8/10 for song availability on newer Top 40. I'm impressed there's some rare remixes that I haven't heard so you can modify your library. Plus, I can look up club and edited remixes for different events on the fly. Only thing I recommend is a better search engine with genres or user charts. Overall it's a great tool to have when you don't feel like downloading the internet on a hard drive to carry.

Posted Tue 09 Feb 16 @ 5:07 pm
I see that I am not alone in having issues with content unlimited. I currently have v7.4.3pro (b498) and under no circumstances can I get any music longer than 30sec to pull while active on content unlimited. I auto pay on a monthly basis and I am signed in. I see that there are a few people claiming to have version 7.4.7 of which one person says is not available. I have and consistently check for updates but the system says that I have the latest update. What am I to do? I purposely search for songs that I do not have simply to see what will show and I get nothing. I see "Netsearch searching for video" very quickly. Blinks, to the right of "record" but nothing posts. I also tried searching for songs as posted by klausmogensen recently just in case. If it worked for him why not try it.

Do I need certain settings. I have force checked on everything. Is it a version issue? I am petrified to update to 8 at this time. I am in full wedding season with 4 wedding per month until November and I would die if it didn't work for me.

This used to be a great in a jam or on the spot tool. If it I can't get it to work I need another source. Any ideas on another source?

Andy

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 4:14 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 6:11 am
Hi bought contentment unlimited logged in but when I download tract it says I can only play 30secs of song.
can anybody help

Posted Fri 15 Sep 17 @ 11:39 pm
91%