Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Requesting help setting up audio with an Allen & Heath Xone 23C

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Greetings. I'm a long-time VDJ controller user but I recently picked up the Xone 23C hardware mixer. Unlike the lower model Xone 23, The 23C has a USB interface for interfacing with DJ software, as well as being a stand alone mixer.

My question is pretty basic but I'm stumped. My problem is that I don't know how to set the record audio so that VDJ will record from the mixer via USB. I definitly don't want to record my headphone cueing and would be stoked if it records other sources I play through the mixer (mic, regular albums, etc.).

Here's a picture of what I have so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Am I right to think this mixer is just a hardware mixer with a DVS soundcard built in?

P.S.S. I started this thread in the wrong section. Can an admin move it to the right part of the forum for me? My bad.

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 11:47 am

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 2:17 pm
I feel you, but I also think that since this new mixer connects to the computer via USB that there has to be a way that the software can record the mixer's output via the attached USB cable rather than recording just what it's seeing internally. Hopefully it's a matter of adding the correct combination of source recording channels in the VDJ audio settings (see picture).

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 2:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Mixers like those usually offer a dedicated Input Channel for recording. But as far as i can see from the specs, this one doesnt.
So your only chance is to use the RECORD Input socket at the rear side, route the signal to the Line Input of your computer's built-in sound card and add a "record" line in the audio configuration of VirtualDJ using the built-in sound card of your computer and Chansl 1,2

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 7:22 pm
Doing some research, I found this reply to a similar question. It's Tracktor-related but, maybe there's useful info for VDJ users, like me . . .

"Please excuse the late response, Sebastian. Your 23C provides two record outputs, where you can record whatever the mixer sends to main out: one output is analog (RCA), the other is digital (USB/ASIO). I guess you know how to deal with the RCA record output. Remember, the 23C has a built-in ADC, i.e. it digitally records the main output, and provides this data via ASIO through USB. In order to use that you should connect the 23C to your computer via USB and properly set up the ASIO drivers for your operating system. Then you run an ASIO-capable software (e.g. Traktor), select the correct two mono channels (should be called in1 and in2) and start recording."

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 10:15 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure if it will work, but try to add the following line to your audio configuration..
record .... Xone 23C USB ASIO driver .. chans 1,2 (try 3,4 too)

Posted Sun 02 Aug 15 @ 11:27 pm

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 6:09 am
I'm an idiot, "record" "ASIO" "in 1 & 2" was all I needed to add. I actually tried that before I came to the forums but when the record button was unresponsive, I thought there was more to it. Turns out, the problem was stemming from the fact that I cut and pasted my laptop VDJ profile and since I have recordings set to save to that desktop, I needed to adjust that setting on this pc connected to the mixer for it to start recording. Of course, it totally worked after that.

Peace

Posted Tue 04 Aug 15 @ 8:03 pm
Hi anyone, driving me mad. I need to connect an Allen Heath ZEDI10 to VDJ, best audio config using the USB, I also have a behringer usb module if it helps. Many thanks in anticipation

Posted Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 10:41 am
That thing looks pretty cool but can you actually DJ with it? Like, can you headphone cue even?

Posted Fri 29 Sep 17 @ 3:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)