Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon DN-X1700 Time Code DVS help...... please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I searched the wiki and the forums and tried many setting in both 7.4 and 8 and have yet to make my Denon DN-X1700 time code set up work. My current set up
iMac sound card set to Denon DN-X1700 as output and input
(2) Technics 1200MK2 >> LINE IN 1 & 2 on Denon DN-X1700
Denon DN-X1700 (version 2000) connected via USB to iMac Mixer set to USB B and set to Mac
VDJ8;
-Deck 1 Chan 1&2
-Deck 2 Chan 3&4
-timecode 1 Chan 1&2
-timecode 2 Chan 3&4
Note I have tried plugging the 1200's into both Phono and Line and still no luck.
I was using Serato and Traktor and want to set this up for VDJ for weddings. Thank you

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 11:10 am
FuskitPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Make sure the mixer channels are set to DVS and not USB in the USB audio settings under input source. And that you set your sampling frequency to 44.1kHz (default is 96).

Michael

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 5:42 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As above, 1200's should be connected to Phono and the input channel set to phono instead of line. Then switch the channel to DVS (the setting after USB) and timecode should come through.

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 8:50 am

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 9:12 am
NOTE: In the mixer when in USB B mode it will not allow me to go off from 48khz. VDJ and aggregate device I can change to 44khz but not the mixer. So strange. Everything is matched to 48khz right now.

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 9:18 am
PROBLEM SOLVED. I am an idiot... or feel like one right now. After about 5 hours total of fighting with this damn thing I remembered you have to be in USN HOST mode to change the KHZ . It is working beautiful.

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 9:39 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Glad to hear it - yes, you can only change the sample rate when not connected in USB B mode.

It will work in v8 at higher sample rates too if you really want; I've tested my X1600 with timecode at 96KHz just to ensure it worked!

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 4:22 pm
Urgent!

Hi,

I want to set up Virtual DJ 8 to my superb Denon DNX1700 mixer.
Can anyone of you send or give me a guideline how to do this?

Thank you,
Herbert

Posted Mon 08 May 17 @ 10:56 am
How do you want to set it up?

Using the X1700 as an external mixer? Using the X1700 audio interface? Using it as a MIDI controller? Using it with DVS?

Also (in future) please do not re-open threads which are more than a year old. This one's from 2014.

Posted Mon 08 May 17 @ 4:58 pm
Thanks for your quick reply

Want to use this mixer as a normal mixer, playings cd's or vinyl, want to use the DEON DNX1700 as midi midi-controller for a very reliable, easy to use software program, linked to a storagetool. I am very unexperienced in that matter and I would like to play musicvideos as well.

Maybe I am asking too much, but want to know if this is possible and want to know the set up, that need to be done to let the mixer run i.c. with the software
very smoothly.

Posted Mon 08 May 17 @ 6:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)