Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon MC6000 MK2 Lag on software to hardware EQ, Faders and Cue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Does anyone know how to resolve the following issue?

With all versions of Virtual DJ the Denon MC6000 MK2 has a lag when doing the following:

1. Pressing a channels CUE button there is a noticeable delay from pressing the button and the sound reaching the headphones. This isn't a huge deal but bit annoying.
2. Putting a fader up or dropping a fader there is the same delay for the sound to come. This means you screw up mixes cause you have to alow for that slit second delay so when dropping out of a track if you dont drop that fader a split second earlier than you normally would you end up playing a split second more of the track!! Same goes for the other way like all of us DJ's who mix live we quite often drop the fader just before the "drop" on a track to make more impact.. Doing it on this controller with virtual DJ if you dont allow for the delay you miss the drop!!!
3. The EQ is also delayed twist a pot and it doesnt change the sound as you are twisting there is a lag. reach the end of a pot and a split second later the software catches up!!

I have mucked around with the asio drivers latency and it made no difference!

What is more of a kick in the teeth for people like me who take abuse about using VDJ and still to this day defend it, is that this controller comes with Serato DJ and upon installing it and testing it none of the delay issues are there!! So the delay is caused by Virtual DJ....

Anyone have any ideas how to overcome this?? Its making the controller un-usable.. If i could set the controller to hardware mode and use the inbuilt mixer I would but unfortunately Denon stupidly removed this option in the MK2 !! Even my old VMS4.1 had this otion which I loved cause I really don't like software EQ and Gain...

Any Help would be awesome or Im either selling the controller or leaving VDJ and going the the darkside of Serato DJ

Posted Thu 06 Nov 14 @ 11:30 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you try to remove the assigned action from the following keys ..
VU_METER_4, VU_METER_5, VU_METER_6, VU_METER_7, VU_METER_8, VU_METER_9 and VU_METER_PEAK,
and see if it helps at any way ?

Posted Thu 06 Nov 14 @ 9:37 pm
Hi djdad

Thanks for the advice I tried what you requested but sadly this did not change the fact there is a delay between the software mixer and the hardware controls. All it did was remove the feedback to the controller for the VU on each channel and all that was left was the master VU.

I had a mix this morning to see if it was me but without a doubt it is Virtual DJ. I'm a DJ that likes to drop the fader just before a big "drop" in a track or also knock the fader up and down on a certain part of a track to emphasise it.. With this controller using virtual DJ the fader drop is totally out of sync with the software!! I did the same mix using Serato and it is perfect no delay at all?? I don't know if this controller is clever and somehow uses hardware mixer for Serato and software mixer for Virtual DJ? I was going to use this set up for a gig tonight but noway I can as it will make a mess of all my mixes!! So will have to go back to my old VMS4.1 with scratchy faders!! Ouch!!! Or even worse use my 14 day trial of Serato DJ... Aghhhhh!!!

Any other help would be awesome but I have a feeling this is a Virtual DJ issue as the controller works perfect with Serato.

Cheers
Antony

Posted Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 4:05 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 5:43 am
Guys ? Can you please test WASAPI mode and tell me if latency improves ?
At least for the guys that experience heavy latency issues ?

Posted Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 7:11 am
If I select WASAPI the VDj song waves remain stopped, no play, and I have tried also ASIO4ALL but I have the same problem, I can use only Denon ASIO.

Laptop > Asus N56VM-S4125V
- Windows 7 64bit Home Premium SP1
- Cpu Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.30GHz
- Ram 8GB DDR3
- Hard Disk 750GByte SATA 7200rpm + 8GByte SSD
- Video card NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M, 2 GB DDR3
- 15.6'' 16:9 Full HD LED, 1920x1080 pixel
- 4 USB 3.0 + VGA + HDMI

Posted Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 9:16 am
We're debugging the device at the moment.

The only TEMPORARY solution we can give for the moment is to UNINSTALL Denon DJ ASIO for Controllers drivers, REBOOT and then use the WASAPI drivers.
This way the unit works "perfectly" if you don't mind heavy scratching... (On "auto" it works with 10ms latency but you can adjust it to 8 or 7 without breaking WASAPI down)

Once we find a PERMANENT solution we will post the details.

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 1:05 am
Thanks Phantom,
If you need help let me know, currently the console is at home of my cousin, who lives not far from my house.

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 2:16 am
Has there been a fix to this bug or an update on this issue? I use the Denon MC6000 MK2 also. I have the same issue from day 1. There is no delay when using the controller with Serato but the delay in the phones is horrible in VDJ8. I really like VDJ8 but I can't use it with my Denon.

Posted Thu 25 Dec 14 @ 5:37 pm
Hi Phantom,
any news?

It seems to me absurd that after 3 months since my first report of the latency problem with orginal ASIO driver & VDJ 8, still there is no solution!

With Serato DJ there is no any latency issue, do you want that my cousin and any other Denon MC6000 MK2 DJs switch to Serato?

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 3:24 am

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 8:20 am
Denon Asio drivers have always been crap. Nothing new!

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 5:59 pm
I see this post has been dormant over 2 years, but as I've just bought a MC6000Mk2 and have the same latency issue, the discussion is very relevant to me.

What I don't understand and would like to ask is - if the cause is a buggy ASIO driver, how come we don't have the latency issue when using Serato? Serato so uses the same Denon ASIO driver right? So if the driver is to blame, we should be having exactly the same issue with Serato.

Posted Fri 31 Mar 17 @ 8:53 am
robstout wrote :
I see this post has been dormant over 2 years

Yes, and you've just dug it up unnecessarily because you've already posted in the other thread where the solution was given.

Posted Fri 31 Mar 17 @ 9:31 pm
robstout wrote :

What I don't understand and would like to ask is - if the cause is a buggy ASIO driver, how come we don't have the latency issue when using Serato? Serato so uses the same Denon ASIO driver right? So if the driver is to blame, we should be having exactly the same issue with Serato.

Serato is opening / calling the audio inputs at the same time with the outputs by default. That's why it's not affected and that's why the solution is to include audio inputs on your sound setup

Posted Wed 05 Apr 17 @ 10:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)