Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to change the folder location :\VirtualDJ\database

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How to change the folder location :\VirtualDJ\database

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 3:27 am
You can't change the location of the database only.
You need to change the entire location of VirtualDj home folder.
And it must NOT be on an external (removable) drive.

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 3:36 am
But VirtualDj home folder and the database-folder two separate folders. If you delete databaseFolder - it appears. Why not do that all in one folder stores

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 3:53 am
Are you doing this on an external drive ?

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 10:18 am
it is self-created on the second local disk

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 7:55 pm
That's the normal expected behavior and it CANNOT change.
It cannot change because it holds all the info for the files on that particular drive (local database)

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 8:22 pm
PhantomDeejay How do I make it appear in a different location? or in the same folder where you installed the program

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 5:14 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You cannot change the location of the database files.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 8:38 am
Why create two folders virtual dj8 with database..it s stupid

1. C:\Users\Name\Documents\VirtualDJ\database
2. D:\VirtualDJ\database

Posted Fri 19 May 17 @ 1:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
On the contrary, it is very smart and convenient to have the database stored to the Hard Drive the tracks are saved.
The database created in the C Drive holds information for the tracks stored in the C Drive
The database created in each External Hard Drive holds information for the tracks stored in that Drive.

The most common case is to have your tracks on an external Hard Drive, and then plug it to any computer (even your friend's), run VirtualDJ on that computer and have the database with all the track's info (BPM, Cues etc) available. You may imagine what would happen in this case, if the database for the tracks stored in an ext Drive was in your main computer, right ?

Posted Fri 19 May 17 @ 4:16 pm
Vic666PRO InfinityMember since 2014
I hv a Mac + PC

Now on my Pc the database is in C drive
I like to hv all my audio music / videos however as a backup in D drive as tiz laptop is for other use as well.

I want all my hotcues and relevant bpm/lengths/tags to be intact.

Running on Windows 7 : vdj 8.2 public build 3994

How do I go about doing it. Currently, no issues on Mac as itz use solely with Controllers.

For the PC is basically juz to backup but need all the database to be available.

Any pointers / suggestions is highly appreciated.

TIA.

Posted Fri 23 Mar 18 @ 7:27 pm
Vic666 wrote :
I hv a Mac + PC

Now on my Pc the database is in C drive
I like to hv all my audio music / videos however as a backup in D drive as tiz laptop is for other use as well.

I want all my hotcues and relevant bpm/lengths/tags to be intact.

Running on Windows 7 : vdj 8.2 public build 3994

How do I go about doing it. Currently, no issues on Mac as itz use solely with Controllers.

For the PC is basically juz to backup but need all the database to be available.

Any pointers / suggestions is highly appreciated.

TIA.

read https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ8_Backup%20Database_.html

Posted Fri 23 Mar 18 @ 9:08 pm
ScooxHome userMember since 2018
Just noticed the pesky VirtualDJ folder on my D: drive and it was bothering me, I mean, how dare VirtualDJ create this ugly folder on the root of my pristine data partition? But after reading djdad's explanation it makes perfect sense. The folder doesn't look pretty but I've set it to 'hidden' and it's all good now—out of sight, out of mind.

Posted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 3:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)