Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How do you licence offline?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

greghigPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I've almost talked myself into loading vdj8, replacing vdj7. I loaded it to my home pc to learn the new features. Not something to do during a live show. I have a license and logged in with my account to activate the Pro Infinity version. The question I have do I have to be connected to the internet to activate my license to unlock all the features I need? 3 of my venues I play at do not have a internet connection. When I load it to my show laptop, how will I be able to activate the license on site without an internet connection?

Posted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 6:13 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you only get logged off a machine (A) if you log on, with another machine (B) but there needs to be net connection for A to check the log in status (on start up) otherwise it can't boot you off.
It shouldn't be a worry. They thought of everything, As long as you're logged on when you power machine A down, it will still be logged on when you power it up, the only way it can log you off is conditional on a net connection being present.

Posted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 9:14 pm
greghigPRO InfinityMember since 2009
That might work for me. But I'm still a little skeptical. My mobile is connected to a small router so I can use my I-pad and walk around. Id be concerned somebody with a mobile hot spot might walk by, My machine hits the net, logs me off, then the hot spot walks off leaving me stranded. As I use videos, I cant have that. Is there a way to "activate" it without a net connection should that happen? I see there is a keycode box, is there a keycode that will keep it activated? As a programmer, I understand about copying and your efforts to keep people from sharing it without paying. Might I suggest on the next release once the program is connected, letting the program "stay active" for 4-5 boots before forcing a login? Or even better, a USB dongle that has to follow the user. Program wont activate (or even boot) without it. (Id be glad to pay a little extra to cover the cost for that option) Any suggestions would be appriciated.

greg

PS: on version 7, there is a little plug-in called slideshow. I really would like to see that added to the next release. Its like your "Virtual DJ" logo on the videos, but it has a "Transparency" slider making it see-thru. It allows me to watermark the club LOGO on the videos but because its transparent, does not draw away from the main show. Kinda like the tv stations do. Please consider adding.

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 11:36 am
greghig wrote :
somebody with a mobile hot spot might walk by, My machine hits the net, logs me off

Do you really think that's likely? That your PC willl just automatically log itself onto someone's unsecured connection?

Even if it was, once VDJ 8 is up and running (having been previously logged in) it's not just going to log you out on its own. It only checks for a connection when it starts up, not whilst it's being used.

There's a license file that sits in the VDJ directory when you're logged in. All you need do (for peace of mind) is keep a copy of that file elsewhere - USB stick, other directory etc. Then if you ever do get in a jam, you can simply replace the file and start up VDJ.

Posted Tue 26 Aug 14 @ 11:59 am
I have the same problem when i have a gig where no internet connection is present. I can't find the licence file at home when my vdj is online.
How to get a keycode so i can acctivate my licence.

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 8:48 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you log in on your computer when you are at home it will stay logged in unless you log it out.

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 11:19 am
Why is there no solution to this? I'm having the same problem on vdj8. I need it to always work. I don't connect my work laptop to the internet. Help!

Posted Fri 18 Aug 17 @ 5:54 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Simply contact support in that case, and they will guide you to activating your vdj 8 on your offline computer.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 17 @ 8:09 am
DJ CARLOS NYC wrote :
Why is there no solution to this? I'm having the same problem on vdj8. I need it to always work. I don't connect my work laptop to the internet. Help!

The solution is to not open VDJ on a third computer. You can be logged onto two computers at the same time. If you log onto a third computer, it will log you off one of the others. When I get to the club, I need to open on my main and backup computer. One of them needs to be logged on, because I was using on my home computer. I don't have a problem, because I am not terrified of the internet. If you want to stay logged on, don't open on a third computer.

Posted Sun 03 Sep 17 @ 3:57 am
I paid for the monthly scrip of $19 and i can't activate the software. I did not get anything but the purchase order number. When i check the License infor on the software in setting's where it say "Your License is:" there is nothing there. And of course VirtralDJ has been no help as a matter fact they were rude. I cancelled my scrip with them that same day......but it sure did not take them long to grab the money they had no problem doing that.

Posted Tue 02 Oct 18 @ 4:55 pm
user12501834 wrote :
I did not get anything

Yes you did. You got a subscription that allows you to use the software.

Perhaps you should start by reading the manual, which explains what you need to do...

Posted Tue 02 Oct 18 @ 5:02 pm
user12501834 wrote :
I paid for the monthly scrip of $19 and i can't activate the software. I did not get anything but the purchase order number.

That's all you need - I can see on your post that you are a "PRO Subscriber"

Then you simply install the software from the general download page, and log into it using the same credentials you used to buy the license on this page, and write your post

That's it - then you are running VDJ with a pro license :)

Posted Tue 02 Oct 18 @ 5:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)