Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Touch pad/ mouse evolution

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
This might have legs it might not, agree or call me an idiot but let's explore the idea.

I recently found a driver for my touchpad so it can scroll windows etc and an idea hit me, touch pads could be pretty good for adjusting upfaders if you could press a key so vdj knows the the touchpad (or mouse) (y axis) input will be assigned to adjusting a particular slider while the key is pressed,

At present you have to click and drag to get a smooth upfader action, and that is a little bit awkward (and impossible to do 2 faders at once) so I have 2 keyboard keys for up & down for each channel, so I don't usually click and drag. If this different style of input was used that would save 1 key per channel (for me)
It could work on the X axis for the XF (more suited to touch pads but I don't know if the tp input would accept tap twiddling, tap centre tap right edge etc)
It could maybe make mouse scratching a bit more viable. (you wouldn't have to have the mouse over the disc making letting go, also grabbing maybe better)
Of course this idea is aimed squarely at keyboard only users but could be of use to controller users as you can't map everything. I'm not sure about retail controllers but my diy controller is a hybrid HID device (both controller and mouse,) and eventually they'll cotton on and include perhaps a touchpad

The scripts could look something like this
touchpad_y_axis while_pressed '`deck 1 volume & deck 2 volume' (why not have 2 channels?)
touchpad_x_axis while_pressed '`deck 1 scratch_hold'
touchpad_y_axis while_pressed '`sampler_pad 1 volume'

Anyway just an idea.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 8:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)