Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Controlling QLC+ DMX lighting program from VDJ8 via MIDI IAC Driver on Mac? - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Any further Development on this?

Posted Sat 11 Mar 17 @ 5:14 pm
JuskiPRO SubscriberMember since 2016
I'd love to help out with this - but as I've just discovered not all plugins have source code available & even those that do list the source code you need to have forum experience of a certain level to be able to see it. Wah!

Posted Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 8:44 pm
Can we get a update about this plugin? I'm really waiting for this to start integrating my QLC+ Lighting into my Music.

Thanks

Posted Sun 09 Apr 17 @ 4:38 pm
sa-dj01PRO InfinityMember since 2015
Hi all

Is there a way that we can help get this plugin running?

Posted Wed 17 May 17 @ 9:44 am
Just FYI I've been 'helping' a couple of guys develop a plugin to do just this. Except instead of MIDI this plugin uses Artnet which QLC and other lighting programs are perfectly happy with. The plugin is ready for beta and has been submitted by its main coder (I've no idea what his forum username is) for inclusion in the official lineup. So far there's been no news but I've been using the plugin for a few weeks now at gigs & it's been working perfectly.

I'll post a link to a demo video soon.

Posted Wed 17 May 17 @ 10:24 am

Posted Wed 17 May 17 @ 10:30 am
Ok that looks dope and seems the easiest to use out of everything I've seen so far!!

A couple of questions though.

What hardware (DMX dongle) are you using and is this gonna be available for Macs??

Posted Wed 17 May 17 @ 5:27 pm
I'm using a dirt cheap (think Entec Open USB DMX adapter) dongle & yes there's a working Mac version. All just waiting to be signed off & made into a lovely plugin installer by the powers that be.

Posted Thu 18 May 17 @ 12:48 am
Awesome!!

I'll order one tonight and await for the release!!

Thanks a million!

Posted Thu 18 May 17 @ 1:43 am
Looks great.
Do we need a Plugin for VDJ or did I missed something?

Posted Thu 18 May 17 @ 5:54 am
Yes you need a plugin to do this. It'll be called VDJArtnet & will hopefully be made available soon.

Posted Thu 18 May 17 @ 10:10 am
Damm' ;o) So we got to wait..
Hope this will work with Mac....

Posted Thu 18 May 17 @ 11:56 am
You gotta read bro....

He answered everything you asked for already.....

Juski wrote :
I'm using a dirt cheap (think Entec Open USB DMX adapter) dongle & yes there's a working Mac version. All just waiting to be signed off & made into a lovely plugin installer by the powers that be.

Posted Thu 18 May 17 @ 12:57 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
You gotta read bro....

He answered everything you asked for already.....

Sorry. . Every time I read plugin I think "Again only for win" ;o)
My mistake...

Posted Thu 18 May 17 @ 3:28 pm
Lol!! Yeah I know what your saying there!!

Can't wait to try this out!

Posted Thu 18 May 17 @ 5:15 pm
sh6397PRO Infinity(VDJartnet plugin - QLC+)Member since 2012
It is currently awaiting review, I will post a link once it has been approved.

However keep in mind that this is currently in beta however it has been used in practice a couple of times without incident.

It was originally developed on a Mac and later ported to windows so should run on both.

The plugin works however for now it requires a text based config file, a config utility is still under development.

Posted Sat 20 May 17 @ 6:15 pm
Finally some news on this!!! :) :) :) :) I will beta test if need be. I am currently using 256 CH. and can test up to 6 universes. I use QLC+ With Artnet & USB midid controller. If anyone wants to discuss with me you can contact me directly.

I'd love to get this up and working ASAP! Do the developers know if you can use the POI Editor to drive button inputs? And how does it trigger your QLC via artnet?

Do I need to assign DMX input for each button?

Posted Tue 23 May 17 @ 10:13 pm
I also need to make sure this will send from one PC two another on the same network. If the developers can test this and report back or add this feature if not available.

Lighting control is separate from VDJ

Thanks

Posted Tue 23 May 17 @ 10:26 pm
sh6397PRO Infinity(VDJartnet plugin - QLC+)Member since 2012
1) Can you trigger using the POI Editor?

Yes

I use the command "set artnet 1" to trigger cue set 1 and "set artnet 2" to trigger cue set 2 etc

Just make sure that the variables are local (I.E. "artnet" or "%artnet" NOT "$artnet") if using this to prevent a track playing (but turned down) on a different deck setting off POIs.

2) How do you trigger objects in QLC from artnet?

You simply set an object in QLC to be triggered by the particular channel you are wanting to use

The channel you are wanting to use can be defined by the VDJ script in the config file

As an example:

Command on a VDJ button:
"set artnet 1"

Command in Config File
001~var artnet 1 ? set $VDJartnetsend 255 : set $VDJartnetsend 0

In QLC+:

Assign the external input of a button to Artnet Input Channel 1

3) Will it work with another PC on the same network

Yes.

You can easily set the destination IP for the artnet information in the config file

To send back to the same PC, use "127.0.0.1".

To send to another PC, input the IP of that PC (e.g. 192.168.1.127 - this will be individual to that PC and may change between uses depending on router setup. Google "How to find my IP address" for more info).

Just a note - it is not recommended to do this through venue wifi as so many devices on the same network can cause packets to go missing and then qlc will miss certain cues. Always setup your own network, preferably wired if possible as this is the quickest and most reliable. This can be done either as Ad Hoc from a mobile device or with a traditional router setup.

Hope that helps :)

Posted Mon 29 May 17 @ 11:51 am

Posted Wed 31 May 17 @ 9:04 pm
32%