Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Effects - Wishes & new features - Page: 10

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
freppa wrote :

I would like to have a "Gate" effect like the one on the Djm 2000´s.
It chops the frequensies in BPM/Beats and uses three (low,mid,high) knobs for mixing.

I sold my old 2000 kit for a couple of month ago and missing that effect so much :(

I have found a way around this instead of waiting for it to come and I would like to share this with you.

I was searching for VST´s and found FabFilter Pro-G (32) that is doing this choping stuff just the way that I wanted.

Easy to setup (put the file into the plugin map) and it works with one knob for the Threshold.

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dbnkOPyATk

Posted Sun 07 Jan 18 @ 9:56 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002

Posted Sun 07 Jan 18 @ 11:46 pm
Tcat114PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Moderation staff wrote :
Lets use this thread to post any wishes and new features that you would like to see for Effects in a next major release

Formerly an active mobile DJ I have now semi-retired and do more vocal shows. I love VDJ, however I've recently stumbled onto a program called EmceePro by Testify and though not nearly the many features as Virtual DJ it has a feature that I would LOVE to have in VDJ. That is the ability to use a Power-Point remote which enables a singer to control his live show without having to be at the controller or PC.
I think this could be a whole new arena...IMO. Thanks for listening. Tom

Posted Thu 08 Mar 18 @ 4:09 pm
Tcat114 wrote :
Moderation staff wrote :
Lets use this thread to post any wishes and new features that you would like to see for Effects in a next major release

Formerly an active mobile DJ I have now semi-retired and do more vocal shows. I love VDJ, however I've recently stumbled onto a program called EmceePro by Testify and though not nearly the many features as Virtual DJ it has a feature that I would LOVE to have in VDJ. That is the ability to use a Power-Point remote which enables a singer to control his live show without having to be at the controller or PC.
I think this could be a whole new arena...IMO. Thanks for listening. Tom

Do you mean for start/stop/ mix_now and so on?
In that case: If you can find a device that can send midi you can make that yourself really fast. Like in minutes

Posted Thu 08 Mar 18 @ 5:22 pm
There's a remote app for Virtual DJ too.

Posted Thu 08 Mar 18 @ 6:36 pm
Please return title plugin.. It has not been added to Addons yet

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 11:41 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 7:49 am
ScooxHome userMember since 2018
+ Better reverb and echo FX, the current ones are pretty bad

OR...

+ Parallel signal processing so that the dry and the wet signal can be heard simultaneously.
+ Ability to control the FX input signal level (useful for creating reverb and echo tails)
+ Wet/Dry knob outside FX

Posted Mon 03 Dec 18 @ 8:33 am
djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
I would wish better effects quality - Serato has them nailed, Traktor has them perfect, VDJ sounds very harsh, cheap and dry to be honest :( I would even buy a specific effects pack just to have them top quality!

Posted Sun 13 Jan 19 @ 10:17 pm
I wish tha I can also hear the Effects in the Headphone when I CUEing Tracks ;-)
Also Master FX when on , that we can hear the Soundquality ;-)

Posted Tue 29 Jan 19 @ 2:47 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If fxprocessing is set to pre, you should be able to hear the effect in the headphones

Posted Tue 29 Jan 19 @ 5:26 am
ScooxHome userMember since 2018
After giving VDJ a jolly good go, I ended up getting Traktor Pro 3, specifically for the FX. Will keep an eye on VDJ, definitely has a lot going for it but misses the mark on a couple.

VDJ pros:
+ Best controller scripting of any DJ software
+ Richest feature set out of any DJ software
+ Highly customizable (via skins)
+ Superb sync
+ Vinyl start/stop
+ Video support
+ Sample player independent of decks
+ Post fader FX
+ VST support
+ Points of Interest
+ Too much goodness to list here... VDJ really is ahead of the pack when it comes to features

VDJ cons:
- Stock skin is meh. Some indicators are too small to see clearly. Stacked waveforms hard to see especially when all 4 waveforms are displayed. Instead of acknowledging the real issue, the usual response is "get another skin". I tried many skins but you always end up trading one set of problems for another.
- Bread-and-butter FX suck (there, I said it). Delay and reverb really need an overhaul.
- Some confusing workflows regarding sync and master deck (my personal opinion).
- High entry price tag

Quick note on that last point: I realise that, considering how VDJ is packed with all sorts of advanced features, a lot of effort has obviously gone into coding it all, and that costs money, yet the product doesn't deliver on FX and UI. You could argue that look and feel of the UI is a subjective thing and in the end the crowd won't care what your DJ software looks like, but the FX for me are a deal breaker, and even if VDJ was freeware, I would still be unable to use it in my sets, that's why I chose Traktor Pro 3 (which by the way is getting stacked waveforms soon in the next update, according to reports from NAMM 2019). The two things I will miss the most from VDJ are vinyl brake and scripting.

I don't think lifetime updates warrant the 299 USD price tag when the software doesn't have all the basics covered, and no amount of bells and whistles can divert my attention from such glaring omissions.

So Traktor Pro users may not get lifetime updates, but my 49 USD Traktor Pro 2 license has lasted me 6 years (2012-2018) till TP3 was released. At that rate, I could get over 36 years worth of Traktor updates for less than the cost of VDJ. Will VDJ still be in development 36 years later? Will Traktor? Who knows! In any case, money is hardly the issue here—I can recoup the cost of my TP3 license after a single DJ set.

According to Phil Morse of Digital DJ Tips, DJ software market share was distributed as follows in late 2018:

35% Serato
25% Traktor
20% Rekordbox
15% Virtual DJ

VIrtual DJ offers the most features, and yet it ranks below even Rekordbox which, besides having excellent library management and seamless integration with "industry standard" Pionner DJ gear, is utter garbage. Why is that? Obviously Serato, Traktor and Rekordbox are giving users something VDJ is not.

Anyway, I think I've made my point. I'm sure I'll get flamed for voicing such opinions here but I'm doing it in the hope that VDJ can work its way up those statistics one day, hopefully sooner than later.

Posted Tue 29 Jan 19 @ 5:49 am
Adion wrote :
If fxprocessing is set to pre, you should be able to hear the effect in the headphones

Why not by Post ... I like Effects to Post ..
Greetings Dani

Posted Tue 29 Jan 19 @ 6:14 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Doesn't the term "Pre Fade Listening" give you a clue?

Posted Tue 29 Jan 19 @ 6:52 am
djdutschi wrote :
Adion wrote :

Greetings Dani

When the effect is applied post fader, it is applied after the volume fader, so if the fader is down no sound gets to the effect.
The headphones receive the sound before the fader obviously, otherwise you couldn't hear anything in the headphones when the fader is down either

Posted Tue 29 Jan 19 @ 9:14 am
Adion wrote :
djdutschi wrote :
Adion wrote :

Greetings Dani

When the effect is applied post fader, it is applied after the volume fader, so if the fader is down no sound gets to the effect.
The headphones receive the sound before the fader obviously, otherwise you couldn't hear anything in the headphones when the fader is down either

mmmhhh ... Ok , but My Volume Fade is not down

Posted Tue 29 Jan 19 @ 10:19 am
Then you can just use the master mix to hear the master in headphones I think?

Posted Tue 29 Jan 19 @ 12:06 pm
Adion wrote :
Then you can just use the master mix to hear the master in headphones I think?

No I can hear the Deck which I chose for Cue in Headphones..
But FX is only when I set as Pre FX , so how you say..
But the Volume is not down... And the same , is when also the Crossfader on the on the same Deck which I hear in my Phone .. Only when I turn my Cue Blend Slider to the Master , than I hear this FX , because the the Headphone Output routed to Master Out...
But a outher thing is when I hear the Sandbox in my Headphones , then I can hear the FXs , but also with Post setting..
But in Sandbox is a other thing , there I cant hear the FX from Master (Master FX) , and by Pre and Post setting , this is also not so good..

Posted Tue 29 Jan 19 @ 2:36 pm
Please can we have a function that switches the FX from "VDJ Mode" to "Other Mode" - so that the effects are not tied to decks as they are traditionally in VDJ?

There are so many controllers on the market with FX sections designed to work with the competitors software, that allows two FX banks - each one of which can be assigned to a mixer channel (switches labelled 1 & 2 above each channel).

Using these controllers with VDJ you are restricted by VDJ's FX assignment (hard wired to each deck) and it does not allow you to use the controller as designed.

Posted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 5:42 pm
in the effects section, create several banks of favorite effects

Posted Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 4:55 pm
55%