Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Video - Wishes and new features - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Andy7689 wrote :
Whatever is in your browser you can export to excel. Just have it showing karaoke only in the browser. Then click the dot bottom left hand side, export browser and save as an excel file. Then go to ask the dj and upload that file. Done :)

Thanks, took me a while to figure it out but its exactly what i needed.

Posted Fri 31 Mar 17 @ 6:30 pm
Can we have the VideoDelay settings live as you modify them?

I play a lot of video screens and it would great to tweak the delay live as you monitor the video/audio sync instead of having to exit VDJ and re-launching after each change.

Thank you.

Posted Sun 11 Jun 17 @ 4:56 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The videoDelay setting is live, no need to restart.

Posted Sun 11 Jun 17 @ 5:04 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Hello, I would like to have a "real strobe effect" that is working like "negative effect for the screens and projectors.

Would be nice to have it as a layer above all videos and have setting for speed ?

Think this could be done with script ?, but would like to have it as effect choise.

Posted Sat 01 Jul 17 @ 9:57 am
DjButlaPRO InfinityMember since 2005
So, in starting tip my toes in the vj world, I got a ton of clips, but no means to affect em. Like kaliedascope, hue changes, GRAPICS changes like a verbal strip shuffle, or the ability to boomerang (play forward and backwards on loop) short video samples. I'd write it my damn self if I could, but my brain is slow...

Posted Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 1:47 pm
freppa wrote :
Hello, I would like to have a "real strobe effect" that is working like "negative effect for the screens and projectors.

Would be nice to have it as a layer above all videos and have setting for speed ?

Think this could be done with script ?, but would like to have it as effect choise.

I found the script for it, but not able to change the speed.
Just add it on a key on the keyboard: video_fx_select "Negative" & video_fx

Posted Tue 19 Sep 17 @ 6:07 pm
Don't know about the timing but you probably want to just do:

video_fx "Negative"

so it does not replace the currently selected effect unless you want to see it for some reason. If you do want to see maybe better to map to a custom button as well as keyboard so you will see it active or not without replacing the selected effect.

Posted Wed 20 Sep 17 @ 9:10 pm
I'm wishing for a (video effect) to show the VDJ skin (not the whole DESKTOP) as a Video, so I can record it,mix it with camera and others.
Cheers.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 18 @ 2:51 pm

Posted Sun 21 Jan 18 @ 9:10 pm

Posted Wed 07 Feb 18 @ 6:35 pm
Moderation staff wrote :
Lets use this thread to post any wishes and features requests for the next major update

ability to tag a file to be treated as audio instead of video, thus bring up the slideshow instead.
I have many vids that I would not rather play and some that are just pics or poor graphics...would rather automatically bring up slideshow without having to manual change it..

so, a tag to 'treat as audio' in regards to the slideshow ...

Posted Thu 24 May 18 @ 7:25 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Beat param for the negative fx.

Posted Sat 23 Jun 18 @ 6:21 pm
sonicgtPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I love the new shaders feature but would like to request some enhancements to it

number 1 it would be great to set the time if I have it auto cycle through them, I'd like to have it a little longer etc, so a custom time setting would be great.

Other then that adding the option to be random, or be able to re-order them to an order I like as well as possibly enable/disable ones rather then just delete?

Also if the options for shaders could be built into the software better then a pop up window, so it's more like other plugins.

Posted Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 8:11 pm
so I had an idea and don't know how complicated it would be to add or if just too complicated - adding video preview to the automix editor
kinda sorta like this:

Posted Sun 12 Aug 18 @ 8:58 pm
bobhoffman wrote :
Moderation staff wrote :
Lets use this thread to post any wishes and features requests for the next major update

ability to tag a file to be treated as audio instead of video, thus bring up the slideshow instead.
I have many vids that I would not rather play and some that are just pics or poor graphics...would rather automatically bring up slideshow without having to manual change it..

so, a tag to 'treat as audio' in regards to the slideshow ...

I would also love this feature as i also have lots of video files that are sometimes not appropriate for most of my engagements and i would rather just have them tagged/marked as audio as opposed to converting them to audio files

Posted Fri 14 Sep 18 @ 5:50 pm
Hey I searched for this so forgive me if this already a thing or already been mentioned here. I'd like an option to adjust how VDJ handles crops for each video individually. Some look good cropped but if you change it to crop it does it for all video files that don't natively fit. And that look horrible for other videos

Posted Mon 10 Dec 18 @ 3:20 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What kind of automation would you like to see ?

What is the resolution of your video output monitor ?
Can you give an example of videos that don't look good ?

Posted Mon 10 Dec 18 @ 6:18 am
I have exactly the same problem
vdj should make the crop setting automatically

Posted Mon 10 Dec 18 @ 8:28 am
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Automatic cropping would be difficult. Many videos do not maintain a constant aspect ratio throughout. Also, some matte lines are deep black, some grey, and other colours.

And some videos use the matte areas at points, for captions or other use.

The videos I have are already cropped appropriately. And if they are not, I do it myself ahead of time. Some have accidentally removed portions of the video which should have been retained.

I think it’s safe to say there will always be variation. Back in the 80’s widescreen videos were matted to fit 4x3 screens. Now those are blown up to 16x9 for display. They may or may not still have matte lines as they may have been 2.35:1 or some other aspect ratio.

Posted Mon 10 Dec 18 @ 5:58 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Little fx wish, a couple of video transitions as single deck fx, pixelate, grid, squares.

One more that won't be as easy; video echo or trails.

edit
oh and video fx "text" to accept, effect_string "text" , to set the text input (currently get's only font on effect_string 1, doesn't set)

Posted Mon 11 Feb 19 @ 4:30 pm
55%