Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 28
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
3 info panel

Posted Wed 24 Feb 21 @ 3:09 pm
locodog wrote :
2 search_playlists

i get the idea, but i don't know how to do this
or where i can find this field "search_playlists".

Nicotux wrote :
3 info panel

ah yes!
i can see it now :-)

i am/was using the skin "Controller 2020 by DennYo",
and i have collapsed / hidden away the INFO panel,
so it was not obvious to me check 'INFO Panel'
... but this is an easy solution !

Posted Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 3:08 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
In the info panel you can also click the last played or playcount column to do a search through your history and playlists of the selected song.

Posted Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 3:29 pm
I'd like to have a right click "mark unplayed" or similar. I'm often auditioning new songs, or practising mixes.
I don't always set "writehistory" off or toggle the delayHistory timings, and I'd like to be able to select my History playlists and "mark unplayed".
This allows me to use my filter folders for "unplayed recent" to work really well on folders of tunes I have.
If there is already an elegant way to do this, or to manage what I am trying to achieve another way I'd love to hear it. Right now I'm editing the database XML directly πŸ™ˆ
Stay safe and mix on!
Cheers

Posted Tue 02 Mar 21 @ 12:00 am
dirtySi wrote :

I'd like to have a right click "mark unplayed" or similar
I'd like to be able to select my History playlists and "mark unplayed".

This allows me to use my filter folders for "unplayed recent" to work
Right now I'm editing the database XML directly πŸ™ˆ

But what date should the "unplayed" be set to then? and what date you put if you edit xml?
You can do that, but would be a bit of an arbitrary date perhaps, but i guess you already do

Simply open the history playlist in question, CTRL+A to select all songs, and right-click the selection and open Tag editor. Set a date.. . faster than xml editing at least..

Or map a custom button in the skin with the action: setting 'writeHistory'
That might be easier to see and remember :)

Posted Tue 02 Mar 21 @ 12:08 am
If I understand correctly you ask for a "mark as unplayed" such as a "mark as unreaded" in mail box

there is simple way :

filter : Days since First Seen < 30 and Already Played = 1
select all and rightclick --> Mark as unplayed

but the hard reset (which is probably unusefull) does not work as expected:
block edit
set dates to 1900/01/01
set play count to 0
write tags

you are done!

by default there is no date at all

doing this by script is not possible
but badly none of the following are working :
(batch) edit tag first played with nothing (unless you put things like 1900/..) empty default to do not change
(batch) edit tag last played with nothing (unless you put things like 1900/..) empty default to do not change
(batch) edit tag play count is working but does not affect state (can be already played 0 or -12 times on last friday)
but a song readed 0 with no 1st play date and no last played date is still already played
browsed_song "Already Played Play" "No"
browsed_song "Already Played Play" false
browsed_song "First Play" ""
browsed_song "Last Play" ""
browsed_song "Play Count" 0
browsed_song "Firsplay" ""
browsed_song "LastPlay" ""
browsed_song "PlayCount" 0

Posted Tue 02 Mar 21 @ 3:09 am
Adion wrote :
In the info panel you can also click the last played or playcount column to do a search through your history and playlists of the selected song.

actually, i sometimes do not see the song name in the INFO panel either.
i don't know if this is specific to the "Controller 2020 by DennYo" skin,
because sometimes the song is playing in the preview player,
but i clicked somewhere else and lost the focus.
then, i have NO idea which song is being played...and the INFO Panel still shows a different song.

PS:
i still want these requests:

1) Ability to lock browser column headers from sorting
ie. a small lock button to toggle sorting on/off of the columns.
i accidentally click on this sometimes, and it messes up the order

2) Ability to search for a song / title and results return which playlist that song is in
i have saved many mixes as playlists,
and i want to search particular songs and have results of search show which playlists the song is in.

Posted Tue 02 Mar 21 @ 10:36 am
2 is what is possible as I mentioned.

Posted Tue 02 Mar 21 @ 11:17 am
lock_panel action exist but its doc is not clear ;) :
"NOTE : despite the name, this action acts on <split> elements, not <panel>"

Posted Tue 02 Mar 21 @ 2:20 pm
Adion wrote :

Adion wrote :
2 is what is possible as I mentioned.

Yes, I see this now, through the INFO PANEL.
It works, for my purpose and this functionality is there in VirtualDJ now for me.
I just never use the INFO PANEL and there are several mouse-clicks to get this,
but I will find some way to work this out or find a work around...ha.

Thanks ! :D

Posted Wed 03 Mar 21 @ 4:54 am
On a custom button you can open the same search with search_playlists

Posted Wed 03 Mar 21 @ 5:39 am
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
dirtySi wrote :

I'd like to have a right click "mark unplayed" or similar
I'd like to be able to select my History playlists and "mark unplayed".

This allows me to use my filter folders for "unplayed recent" to work
Right now I'm editing the database XML directly πŸ™ˆ

But what date should the "unplayed" be set to then? and what date you put if you edit xml?
You can do that, but would be a bit of an arbitrary date perhaps, but i guess you already do

Simply open the history playlist in question, CTRL+A to select all songs, and right-click the selection and open Tag editor. Set a date.. . faster than xml editing at least..

Or map a custom button in the skin with the action: setting 'writeHistory'
That might be easier to see and remember :)

I was just deleting the tag "lastplayed" as it was easy with a regex - after backing up of course!

But I never realised the Tag Editor allowed me to tweak Virtual DJ specific tags. I always use TagScanner (https://www.xdlab.ru/en/) - I've used it for a decade - and I never actually opened the VDJ one, so THANK YOU! I can now use my playlist history to reset my last played date and I have a button for "practice" mode.

Perfect.

Posted Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 8:42 pm
Nicotux wrote :
If I understand correctly you ask for a "mark as unplayed" such as a "mark as unreaded" in mail box

there is simple way :

filter : Days since First Seen < 30 and Already Played = 1
select all and rightclick --> Mark as unplayed

but the hard reset (which is probably unusefull) does not work as expected:
block edit
set dates to 1900/01/01
set play count to 0
write tags

you are done!

by default there is no date at all

doing this by script is not possible
but badly none of the following are working :
(batch) edit tag first played with nothing (unless you put things like 1900/..) empty default to do not change
(batch) edit tag last played with nothing (unless you put things like 1900/..) empty default to do not change
(batch) edit tag play count is working but does not affect state (can be already played 0 or -12 times on last friday)
but a song readed 0 with no 1st play date and no last played date is still already played
browsed_song "Already Played Play" "No"
browsed_song "Already Played Play" false
browsed_song "First Play" ""
browsed_song "Last Play" ""
browsed_song "Play Count" 0
browsed_song "Firsplay" ""
browsed_song "LastPlay" ""
browsed_song "PlayCount" 0

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me, I appreciate all the detail you went into. I see there are some issues with the scripting and I think with the Tag Editor and some of your suggestions I will be able to get my practice sessions and my sets all filtered and prepared so that I don't accidentally play tracks I've played before on my "new music" sets!

I've learned a lot so πŸ™

Stay safe

Posted Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 8:45 pm
When does that come in VirtualDJ?

VDJ Monty wrote :
Hello from Germany

I love VDJ, because it has so many functions with macros and different cue types and so on. The last and only single reason, why i cannot change from Rekordbox to Virtual DJ is: Virtual DJ has no "My Tags" and no instant filters to sort an existing playlist with them custom tags.

So i want to propose this as a feature request.

Sorting on Rekordbox: Here is the custom tag list, if i mark a song on the browser, i can see immediateley what tags are checked and I can check or uncheck some of them tags very quickly with a mouse click (better would be with midi). It is also possible with multiple marked songs to check them all together:

Searching at Rekordbox: I can search quickly by enabling one or more tags at the playlist filter above the list:

So i can quickly seach all songs with the tags "80ies" AND "90ies", with the content ("Italo" OR "Italo Disco") AND for the situation ("wedding" OR "club") without need to use my keyboard. This is a very flexible way to find song that match different criteria. No playlist and no predefined filter list can archieve this.

The only way that ive found on VDJ is:

Sorting on VDJ: I need to open the Tag Editor and i need to type in all matching custom tags into the comment field by keyboard. Its not possible to edit multiple songs, because it would overwrite existing custom tags at the comment field, if some of them songs have some custom tags already.

Searching on VDJ: I need to add a filter list on the left side, i need to change the scope to "database" and i need type in the custom tags into the filter field.
You see, this is impossible during a gig.

Its not a big problem if the DJ knows every song of his database and if he is specialized to one genre as example a Hip Hop DJ.
But a wedding DJ needs to have multiple genres at the database and he will not do a wedding every weekend. So he needs to remember a huge amount of songs and over a longer period of off-time. And he needs to change his sort and filter criteria immediateley if the guests are requesting different things.

Posted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 9:36 am
+ 1000

Benz Werner wrote :
When does that come in VirtualDJ?

VDJ Monty wrote :
Hello from Germany

I love VDJ, because it has so many functions with macros and different cue types and so on. The last and only single reason, why i cannot change from Rekordbox to Virtual DJ is: Virtual DJ has no "My Tags" and no instant filters to sort an existing playlist with them custom tags.

So i want to propose this as a feature request.

Sorting on Rekordbox: Here is the custom tag list, if i mark a song on the browser, i can see immediateley what tags are checked and I can check or uncheck some of them tags very quickly with a mouse click (better would be with midi). It is also possible with multiple marked songs to check them all together:

Searching at Rekordbox: I can search quickly by enabling one or more tags at the playlist filter above the list:

So i can quickly seach all songs with the tags "80ies" AND "90ies", with the content ("Italo" OR "Italo Disco") AND for the situation ("wedding" OR "club") without need to use my keyboard. This is a very flexible way to find song that match different criteria. No playlist and no predefined filter list can archieve this.

The only way that ive found on VDJ is:

Sorting on VDJ: I need to open the Tag Editor and i need to type in all matching custom tags into the comment field by keyboard. Its not possible to edit multiple songs, because it would overwrite existing custom tags at the comment field, if some of them songs have some custom tags already.

Searching on VDJ: I need to add a filter list on the left side, i need to change the scope to "database" and i need type in the custom tags into the filter field.
You see, this is impossible during a gig.

Its not a big problem if the DJ knows every song of his database and if he is specialized to one genre as example a Hip Hop DJ.
But a wedding DJ needs to have multiple genres at the database and he will not do a wedding every weekend. So he needs to remember a huge amount of songs and over a longer period of off-time. And he needs to change his sort and filter criteria immediateley if the guests are requesting different things.

Posted Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 11:13 am
124dsHome userMember since 2019
Hello

I would appreciate multiple sort columns and sorting as attribute of a folder/filter. So it would stored (safe) per folder/filter (not per browser). It would be also useful that columns settings (enable/order/width) is an attribute per filter/folder as well.
In addition auto resize of columns would be appreciated as well. At least on osx, arranging of column width is not intuitive and a bit clumsy - or I don’t know how to work for now. Widen a column does not rearrange columns on the right hand side. Thus the column next right is narrowed and you have to rearrange all columns to the right.

Thank you & Regards

Posted Wed 17 Mar 21 @ 2:56 pm
Hi everyone. I would like to request to have the ability to drag and drop from VDJ to my external DAW. This would be especially useful for when I produce mixes. I'd like to be able to organize my music in VDJ, drop songs from VDJ into Ableton. At the moment, I'm stuck having to use Serato DJ since it has the ability to do this. I look forward to completely being able to move to VDJ 100% after being a long time VDJ user (since 2003). Thanks.

Posted Fri 26 Mar 21 @ 2:13 pm
You can't drag the file directly, but you can open the file on Explorer/Finder and drag from there...

Simple script to put on a custom button for that job:

browsed_file_reveal & minimize

Posted Tue 30 Mar 21 @ 12:33 pm
jxnasPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Hey folks :)

In the new beta-Version there are the options to use Hashatags and Quick Filters, and in the Track info there are drop-down-menus. A few wishes regarding these new features:

- The ability to select multiple genres in the drop-down-menu
- The ability to add Hashtags in the comment field via drop-down-menu
- The ability to use Hashtags without Hashtags. (I know that sounds kinda weird.) But i would like to Tag my files Without a Hashtag-sign (#) in front of some Tags. (I use the characters ~~~ to mark sing-along songs and there is no Hashtag-sign in front of these characters)
- The ability to use repetitive Tags (or Hashtags) in other fields such as track, label, componist, group

Best wishes

Posted Thu 15 Apr 21 @ 6:13 pm
When I was looking at the new hashtag thing, I wondered why it's only been added to the info pane and not the actual tag editor.

I rarely use the info pane, but use the tag editor a lot.

Posted Thu 15 Apr 21 @ 6:56 pm
70%