Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pitch bending with touch jogwheel

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been searching around for a solution to an issue I've been having and can't seem to find anything. I have keylock turned on and the pitch bend buttons on my Numark Mixtrack Pro II work as they are supposed to, but when i use the edge of the jogwheel to pitch bend the key changes as well. If I turn scratch mode off the jogwheels don't affect the key with pitch bending, but that takes out the point of having a touchwheel because the track doesn't stop if i put my hand on it. I found another forum post from 2 years ago where someone had the exact same issue but it never was answered - http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/161406/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Keep_pitch_lock_on_during_pitch_bend_in_vinyl_mode____.html

I'd appreciate if someone could help me out with this.

Thanks,

Daniel

Posted Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 7:26 pm
This is the default behavior. When in Vinyl mode, using the outer part of the jog to pitch bend a track will temporarily alter it's key too.
Originally the idea behind this was to provide a better vinyl emulation.

Posted Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 9:00 pm
I'm coming from DDJ-Ergo and now have DDJ-SX. On the Ergo, I somehow changed this behavior - ptich wasn't affected by turning the outer wheel, not in vinyl mode, not in CD mode. I can't seem to find in mappers or skins how I did this.

Can you please tell me how to achieve a vinyl mode without pitch changing when nudging the wheel?

Thanks!

Posted Tue 21 Jan 14 @ 1:37 pm
Basically you need to change the mapping of the outer and inner jog to automatically change mode on the jog.

In other words:
JOG_CDJ:
var 'gridslide' ? adjust_cbg : touchwheel_touch ? nothing : vinyl_mode 1 ? vinyl_mode 0 & touchwheel : touchwheel

JOG_VINYL:
var 'gridslide' ? adjust_cbg : touchwheel_touch ? vinyl_mode 0 ? vinyl_mode 1 & touchwheel : touchwheel : touchwheel

PS: I didn't test it, but it should work.

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 1:34 am
Thanks a lot, I'll give this a go

Posted Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 10:42 am
These settings disable the vinyl mode as soon as I finish one scratch. turning the outer jog also disables vinyl mode and stays there.

I have no idea how pioneer managed to do this with the DDJ-ERGO

I'll send the concerning parts of the mapper but it seems it isn't there :/

DDJ-ERGO mapping:

<map value="JOG_TOUCH" action="touchwheel_touch" />
<map value="JOG_SEARCH_TOUCH" action="wheel_mode &quot;search&quot; while_pressed" />
<map value="JOG" action="touchwheel" />
<map value="JOG_SEARCH" action="jogwheel" />

Posted Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 11:08 am
I just found a solution based on what was written before & doing some heavy searching :)

I changed the mapper to the following:

<map value="JOG_CDJ" action="var "grid_slide" ? adjust_cbg : vinyl_mode 1 ? vinyl_mode toggle & touchwheel & vinyl_mode toggle" />

Now this is specific for the DDJ SX mapper because the CBG adjustment is in there somewhere.

For people who just want to change the vinyl mode, find the map value name for the "outer jog", in this case jog_cdj and do the following:

<map value="JOG_CDJ" action="vinyl_mode 1 ? vinyl_mode toggle & touchwheel & vinyl_mode toggle" />

Basically, if the jog is in vinyl_mode, toggle it (returning it to CDJ mode, execute touchwheel function as normal and toggle the vinyl mode back. Works like a charm.

PS. not completely, when releasing the platter on scratching, there is still a problem, even when the wheel still is spinning, playing resumes normally - basically the jog is still turning, but the touch is released, triggering JOG_CDJ and changing the vinyl_mode, resulting in resuming playback.

It really breaks my head how the same settings on DDJ-ERGO work as advertised.

Using Serato, everything works as expected. :/

Posted Sat 25 Jan 14 @ 9:07 am
Also: "JOG_VINYL" is never triggered it seems.

Posted Sat 25 Jan 14 @ 9:21 am
Sorry to bump this thread, but still I can't find a way to change the behavior. Can it be hardware related? Standard DDJ-Ergo mapping in VDJ does it correctly. DDJ-SX doesn't.

This doesn't match the behavior shown in Serato.

Posted Fri 18 Apr 14 @ 3:15 am
Hello , I have the same problem on my Audiphony Skill controller ( Generic ME120SC )
can't turn off scratch mode ( when I set vinil_mode 0 , don't work at all )

Posted Thu 14 Jan 16 @ 12:38 pm
I want mixtrack pro 3 mappr map value and action
All function

Posted Sun 29 Jan 17 @ 7:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)