Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Recorded Audio Output Very Low

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am trying to record a mix and when I open the mp3 that the mix was outputted to it is very soft compared to what is coming straight from VirtualDJ I am using the HOME version of Virtual DJ, I am not sure if that is the problem. If someone could tell me which settings I should switch or what program would allow me to make it louder without distorting the sound. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted Sat 20 Jul 13 @ 2:07 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
do you use the internal recording function of vdj or a external software to record...?

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 8:54 am
Im having the same kind of issue. Im using the inbuilt recording from virtual dj and it records fine but the produced mp3 volume is really low compared to the output for some reason. Im using a Pioner ddj wego, apart from the volume its recording fine, is there a setting I have missed somewhere ?

Posted Sat 08 Mar 14 @ 2:17 am
At what position do you have the master volume and channel faders when you're recording?

Posted Sat 08 Mar 14 @ 5:45 am
The same issue here...
If I play a song it sounds normal, when I record this is mp3 320kbps and relisten it in VDJ then the volume is much lower.
The master volume is all the way to the up (right) and the faders are also at the maximum.
I use VDJ 7 Free

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 1:52 am
Can someone help me with this problem, When I record a mix on VIRTUAL DJ PRO 8 it sounds great, but the playback Audio is very low. You can barely hear it.
During the recording, it sounds awesome but when I want to playback the recorded mix on Itune or Windows Media player, the volume is very low. Please assist ASAP.

Posted Tue 11 Jul 17 @ 4:39 am
If all your scanned tracks tracks are at a similar db (default is 0db which is the loudest, or if you hear clipping, adjust to -3db) Then Make sure master volume is at max and faders are at max too (unless the levels are constantly in the red then lower slightly, then adjust the volume of your pc/laptop so you don't blast the speakers while recording/mixing . The recorded mp3 should then be loud enough.

Posted Tue 11 Jul 17 @ 8:09 am
Alternatively, use audio editing software to increase the level.

Posted Tue 11 Jul 17 @ 4:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)