Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: VIDEO FREEZING

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

WHEN I PLAY MY VIDEO IT FREEZES I ALL READY RUN THE INTELL HD GRAPHICS AND STILL DONT WORKS GOOD WHY ?

Posted Tue 28 May 13 @ 10:06 pm
Integrated graphics such as Intel HD are not ideally suited to video mixing. A high performance video card with dedicated video memory is strongly recommended for good performance.

The issue that you are experiencing is also commonly caused by poorly written drivers that don't report their memory correctly to VirtualDJ.

Please read the Video section of our FAQ pages for further details as well as some possible solutions that may help you: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/FAQ.html

NOTE: Please also don't post messages in ALL CAPS and also do not post the same message more than once. Please read the forum rules.

Posted Wed 29 May 13 @ 4:05 am
sorry about caps ! and can i down load the other video card that you mention can i down load it from this link you posted for me ?

Posted Wed 29 May 13 @ 6:20 am
If you are looking for updated drivers for your video card, please visit the manufacturer of your computer's website, e.g: If you have a Dell PC, you would go to www.dell.com

Click on their support or downloads link and then follow the instructions on their support/download page to find the drivers/updates for your particular computer.

You can also try using the following tool that may fix the problem for you: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15870/Fix_Intel_HD_graphics.html

NOTE: As already posted above, Intel HD graphics is not really suitable for video mixing (It's not powerful enough.) The minimum requirements for video mixing can can be found at the bottom of the following page: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/index.html ) If you have a desktop PC, you should be able to purchase an upgrade video card for it. Video cards in laptops unfortunately can't normally be upgraded.

Posted Wed 29 May 13 @ 6:43 am
i all ready try that and still don work. it was working at 1 point they help me with it and it was working ( playing the video) but then i try to record video mixing and it started to freeze and then i select factory settings and it when back to freeze even playing video ! i all ready try intell hd graphics but still dont work ! thank you for your help !

Posted Thu 30 May 13 @ 8:17 am
(they) meaning call center !

Posted Thu 30 May 13 @ 8:18 am
when calling center help me with this problem i remember that they told me to do something with the registry tool ! can you tell me what should i do with the registry toll and if that has to do with this problem ?

Posted Thu 30 May 13 @ 8:25 am
Unfortunately, resetting to factory settings would have wiped out the changes the call center staff made.

Also, simultaneously trying to mix and record video in real time may be too much for a low end video card such as Intel HD to be able to handle.

General video related registry adjustments can be found on the following FAQ page:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Video%20Memory%20Issue.html

However, the above Intel HD fix tool should already do this for you.

NOTE: VirtualDJ must be closed when you make any of these adjustments.

Posted Thu 30 May 13 @ 10:48 am
I have a MacBook Pro with plenty of upgraded RAM/memory etc... This past weekend I had an issue with my video output freezing but not the audio portion. I've ran virtual dj for the past 18months without much problem etc the video freezing that occurs after a couple of hours of playing. I look at the message boards to see if Mac users are having this issue but i have only found PC users.. Any suggestions or link to fix this?
fred

Posted Mon 15 Jul 13 @ 2:40 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
I also notice this sometimes on my Mac side and it seems related with the videocard or better the videoram!
It is not always and most the time only once in a night but ..... ;-)

At the moment my only advice can be to create a keyborad shortcut with following action.

video

This action will open or close the video output!

If it will freeze (audio is running and the skin isn't frozen too ;-) just hit the button twice (1st will stop the video output and 2nd will start the video output again) and you will have within 2sec the normal video output back to normal.

This all will only solve the problem if you use a 15" or 17" Mac, when you have enabled to use the higher class videocard only ;-)

Posted Tue 16 Jul 13 @ 6:37 am
I bought a New lap top for me to DJ and every time i'm mixing or over lap a song the screen freezes, why?.

Posted Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 10:14 am
Has anyone solved this? I am experiencing the exact same thing, on a brand new Macbook Pro.

It happens not just to certain videos. One odd thing: I noticed that a quick fix for the problem while I'm in a gig is to re-load another video in the opposite deck that isn't playing. (??) Some days the video doesn't freeze at all, while other days tons of videos will freeze. 9 times out of 10 at the gig at least 1 video if not up to 10 will freeze during a 3 hour gig. I am barely using any CPU and have all of my energy settings set properly. I have all Wifi etc turned off. I have no other programs running. Some videos load very quickly while others take a long time to load. All are from Smashvidz, Promo Only, and BPMSupreme and are legal versions of the videos. Most are MPEG-4 files.

I am using a 4 Terabyte external hard drive for the majority of my videos.

One thing I have not tried is messing with latency, but that's really because it's set to "automatic" and I was told by VDJ to set it up that way.

I even went through the trouble of buying MixEmergency for $200 which I was told was necessity for video DJing even though it's really supposed to work with Serato, but even that didn't help.

Specs:Video Card: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
I have almost 400 gigs of free space my flash storage

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,4
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB

Intel Iris Pro:

Chipset Model: Intel Iris Pro
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0d26
Revision ID: 0x0008
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: Retina LCD
Resolution: 2880 x 1800 Retina
Retina: Yes
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

Controller: Pioneer

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 4:26 am
I have had an issue on a new MBP as well. Audio plays perfectly, but will get small 1 second freezes on the video. I have seen similar posts over the past month or 2 as well. I also never had this issue until upgrading to 8.2. I have submitted a ticket but nothing really came of it. So far I have not seen any solutions or VDJ even acknowledge its an issue (even though many people are reporting it).

Sorry I dont have a better answer, but would also love a solution (if there is one)!

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 1:38 pm
Seems to be happening to people with Brand new macbooks.

I have a 2012 retina and I do not see this problem. I'm using time code with multiple midi devices and USB cameras while running Resolume and MadMapper.

I can easily make my system freeze or slow down but this is not happening to me at random times.

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 8:00 pm
I know it's a long shot, but is there anyway to quickly and seamlessly use QuickTime to play videos with VDJ? I have no issues with QT playback.

Can anyone from VDJ comment on this issue? It has clearly impacted a lot of users and is not a one off. Is this being looked into? I had a client flip out that a video he created himself looked like $h!t when played. I wouldn't think a professional software should have this many issues when merely playing a video.

Posted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 2:42 am
This also happened on my older 2010 Macbook Pro as well.

VDJ has still not been able to help me find the solution. The only things I haven't changed are latency (I leave it at auto) and Video Max Memory because I don't see why I should change them yet.

Has anyone tried changing to "no" on "play video on load"?

Posted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 5:40 am
VDJ technical support is suggesting that I don't have a dedicated graphics card and t's always searching for free RAM so it freezes, but my audio runs flawlessly with a frozen video and it's randomly happening with both HD and non HD videos. Also, I see other DJs have zero issues on the most old falling apart, bare any memory laptops, and others do it fine with newer ones too. The only common denominator is that they use Serato video and some use it with MixEmergency. Virtual DJ unfortunately seems to be the one thing that's different with the problems I'm having. It's hard not to chalk this up to a bug of some sort, and there's no "regedit" fix for us with Macs. And I don't think there should be anyway...this should be able to work at least 98% of the time. My computer is way more than able to handle playing a 3 hour gig with videos, I have Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB and tons of RAM-I don't understand what's happening and I have literally spent hours and hours combing through threads and trying different things.

Posted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 5:46 am
halo am using hp core i3 processor 2.4ghz but when mixing videos they freeze what to should i do cause i have a gig next week to video mix thanks

Posted Sat 28 Jan 17 @ 11:18 am
Hi

I just went thru that problem on mac book pro 2014 same iris video card. I made sure to delete the settings file in virtual dj so you are just using the old settings file. This should work. I aslo checked my ram to make sure it had enough memory.

Posted Sun 28 May 17 @ 5:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)