Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to configure Pioneer CDJ 900 + DJM 900 all in HID mode in VDJ7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to configure 2 CDJ 900s plus a DJM 900 mixer all in HID mode in virtual dj. i.e The CDJs to control the left n right decks and the DJM to actually control the virtual mixer.

I have tried but i can only get the CJDs to work in HID mode but the mixer as analog.
Input: None
Output: External Mixer
Soundcard: Pioneer CDJ900

Is it possible to get the CDJs to work in HID including the MIxer as well? and what would be the best configuration for this in VJD7?

Posted Tue 26 Feb 13 @ 2:09 am
You don't need to use the onscreen mixer - you have a real one!

The way you have it configured (for external mixer) is correct.

Posted Tue 26 Feb 13 @ 11:18 am
Thanks GroovinDJ but out of curiosity i would really like to know how the config is done for the setup on this link http://www.virtualdj.com/image/4505/63811/SETUP2.jpg

Because if im using the CDJs in HID mode and not the mixer as well how will i do video transitions? Thats why im curious about the setup shown on the link above. If you can assist by showing me the config for that HID setup with External Mixer(with soundcard) id be greatful.

Posted Thu 28 Feb 13 @ 6:39 am
The setup pictured is a bit pointless in my opinion because you have sound cards in both CDJs and in your mixer, so the external sound card is not required.

To use your crossfader for video, you'll need to take a look at your DJM900 manual and investigate the MIDI side of things.

The mixer has a traditional 5 pin DIN MIDI connection on the back, as well as the USB connection on the top, so the manual should explain which you need to use (may be poss to use either) in order to map the crossfader to perform video transitions in VDJ.

Posted Thu 28 Feb 13 @ 7:35 am
la mixer pioneer 900nexus tiene rajeta propia de audio , y igual que los Cdj 900,
Para conectar yo utilizo cable de usb ala mixer poineer de ahí mismo té sale en la computadora como kieres configurarlo pones los canales que vas usar en usb , te vas ahi mismo a output le pones timecodes al canal que kieras, de ahí te vas al virtual dj 8 a config. Le das a audio seleccionas poineer mixer y despues a timecodes, te vas arriba al lado izquierdo dónde está como venil ahí adentro calibras el audio de cada dec,notara eso tienes que tener conectadas las cdj 900 ala mixer rca canal que vallas a utilizar yo uso el usb con el timecode grabado en usb y likeo ala otra dec y le poncho link, les pongo play alas dos y calibró los decs con el virtual y listo..
Ya tienes conectado mixer,cdj,y virtual con solo un cable usb..
Aclarando debes de tener virtual original..gracias por su antencion

Posted Sat 15 Jul 17 @ 4:06 am

Posted Sat 15 Jul 17 @ 7:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)