Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is my virtual dj pro basic software compatible with my Hercules RMX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

i purchased virtual dj pro basic the other day and i have plugged it into my Hercules RMX - for some reason it only lets me mix for 10 minutes until the mixer shuts off, but somehow the music still plays through my speakers???

please help!!!!

Posted Wed 02 May 12 @ 2:12 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi, to use the Hercules Rmx fully, eventually you would have to use Vdj pro not Vdj pro basics as it is intent to be use with a keyboard or mouse. Also it can use an analog mixer but not midi controller such as the Hercules.

The problem that you are facing is that it is a demo for you to try for 10 mins after which it will disconnect and you can't use it.

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Regards;)

Posted Wed 02 May 12 @ 2:34 pm
As above, Pro basic does not permit the use of midi controllers for more than 10 minutes at a time.

For full use you would require to purchase Virtual DJ Pro Full.

Please enter you Pro Basic serial number in your profile, and should you wish to upgrade then the cost of the version you have bought already will be deducted form the price of the Pro version.

http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Keith

Posted Wed 02 May 12 @ 2:49 pm
thank you

that explains the problem - will have to upgrade it :)

Posted Sat 05 May 12 @ 9:09 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi, hope to see you as a pro user soon;)

Regards;)

Posted Sat 05 May 12 @ 4:06 pm
jack winton 123 wrote :
thank you

that explains the problem - will have to upgrade it :)

I believe the Hercules Rmx entitles you to a really good discount. Register your Rmx first with VDJ and find out.

Posted Sat 05 May 12 @ 10:15 pm
flelo15PRO (legacy)Member since 2013
this is such bull **** i am a 16 yr old dj who has spend over 50,000$ on everything i need to be a dj and Ive had vdj for a while now so i could use my controller not vinyl anymore. and when i bought it. it was 30$ then i connect my mixer and . ooh here pay just another 100 bucks for the full version and you'll be on your way well 100 bucks later the ***in thing tells me i need to pay another 150 for the (full) full version .. this is why i hate being a ****ing dj i love it for every single reason other than all these company's who try to **** you for all your money im tired of the six different types of the same software all cheaper than the next with all these limitations. like virtual dj, ableton live, fl studio, numark Le everything. i mean if i can buy a software for 30 bucks hat does exactly everything that the 200$ version does EXCEPT WHAT
I NEED IT TO.... im just ****ed and here i have no more money and a gig tomorrow 1pm-12mpm at the beech. ****

[Do not use bad language in your forum posts or your account will be locked. Please read the forum rules]

Posted Thu 06 Jun 13 @ 12:29 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Rofl, you brag you have spent $50,000 on dj equipment yet complain on a tiny amount of money in comparison on software, the bit you complain about is the very heart of your system without which it will not work to the expectations that you want.

Get a life and grow up, you need to stop your foul mouth language on these forums, it may be ok elsewhere but it is totally unacceptable here.

Posted Thu 06 Jun 13 @ 2:38 am
As above, please do not use bad language in your fourm posts or your account will be locked.

The limitations of our Broadcaster and Basic versions are clearly stated on the product purchase pages as well as the comparison page. Both are cut-limited versions of the software for keyboard/mouse users who do not need the full functionality of the full VirtualDJ Pro software and this is reflected in the lower purchase price.

It's common practise for most software manufacturers to sell different versions of their software with more limited versions at a respective lower cost for users who don't need all the functionality of the full software (E.g: Microsoft Office Home & Student for a home user vs the full blown Microsoft Office Professional for business users.) This makes the software more affordable to users who don't need all the features..

The only VirtualDJ products that support using controllers is the full VirtualDJ Professional or VirtualDJ LE if bundled FREE with the controller (This is limited for use with the hardware it was included with only.) If you are a working DJ who can afford to spend $50,000 on equipment then $300 for the full Pro software at the heart of your setup is very little in comparison. You will probably make much more than this in a single gig!

Our recommendation would be to upgrade your VirtualDJ Basic to the full Pro by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html (The overall cost is the same as purchasing the full Pro) and then contact support to have your incorrect purchase of VirtualDJ Broadcaster refunded. You can contact support and open a ticket by going to the following page: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Posted Thu 06 Jun 13 @ 4:42 am
hi
how do i connect vdj 7 pro with hercules rmx 2..i cant see the setting to pick up my device

Posted Thu 06 Jun 13 @ 12:38 pm

Posted Thu 06 Jun 13 @ 1:35 pm
No matter how much you spend, you can't buy class or common sense.

Posted Thu 06 Jun 13 @ 4:29 pm
lol, what a little kid. But I get him I mean...his issue aside, he probably needs a new diaper. And I'm certain instead of wasting more money on the store brand, you can get cheaper and more quantity amounts online, probably on amazon. They have the best quality diapers there....but yeah ^ ......what they said. So much hard earned money (that clearly isnt yours) spent, and then when it comes to an extra 300 bucks...LET ME JUST FLIP MY DESK.

Posted Thu 06 Jun 13 @ 7:01 pm
I purchased virtual dj 8 pro infinity and I have a numark quad deck. It only lets me play for 10 minutes. I don't know why it keeps doing that. Any suggestions?

Posted Sun 17 Sep 17 @ 11:04 pm
hijacking a 5 year old thread.

i'm almost impressed

Posted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 12:36 am
user13168281 wrote :
I purchased virtual dj 8 pro infinity and I have a numark quad deck. It only lets me play for 10 minutes. I don't know why it keeps doing that. Any suggestions?

Login to it using the same credentials you used to buy the software, and check on the License pane in the settings, that it has detected your correct license

Posted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 4:56 am
Your answer has been provided above, and I have 2 suggestions. Please don't open old post, and make sure your issue is the same as the title of the thread. If you don't find a thread with your same issue, you may start your own thread, thank you.

Locked by AMAHM

Posted Mon 18 Sep 17 @ 5:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)