Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark N4 settings? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

IrulacePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hey peeps

I just got the N4 and Im confused on the settings for VDJ. I have the latest verison but when connected the pitch fader does not respond and i was having trouble with the sound card, i think i may have the settings wrong, if someone has a PC with the N4 please let me know your settings. Thanks

Carlos

Posted Sat 03 Mar 12 @ 11:51 am

Posted Sat 03 Mar 12 @ 12:52 pm
the setting your link explained are already set to that. Would you happen to now the correct setting for N4 on VDJ? I already was a Pro user before this purchase I was told all I had to do was download the N4 update and I could plug and play. I had an issue with the ASIO4All driver and do not know how to set this controller on VDJ.

Posted Sun 04 Mar 12 @ 5:09 pm
For some controllers, the soft-takeover is implemented in the firmware itself. This is usually the case for 4 deck controllers when switching between decks. Some controllers may allow you to disable this if you wish. Please consult the user manual and/or contact the manufacturer for further information.

ASIO4ALL is just a software emulator and does not provide true low latency audio. In fact, it may cause you problems in some cases due to the additional system overhead to perform its ASIO emulation. If the N4 doesn't come with a proper dedicated native ASIO driver, then you are best using conventional WDM audio.

The configuration for most all-in-one controllers is normally:

Inputs: None (Or Microphone if the unit has a software-based microphone.)
Outputs: Headphones
Sound card: Choose the N4's sound card in the drop-down list.

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 4:49 am
Thank you for the info. thats the settings I was using, I would choose sound card 4.1 and then the N4 on the side drop down which allowed me to mix but like I said the pitch slider wasnt responding and I read something about having to activate the xfader or something which Im not familiar with 4 deck controllers and video mixing but Ill try to contact Numark for further information. Thanks.

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 11:14 am
You need to move it to exactly the position as shown on-screen on the VirtualDJ skin. It should then 'pick up' the pitch slider and it should start moving again. If not, move it all the way to maximum and then to minimum and it should usually pass over the correct point and pick it up.

You can disable soft-takeover in VirtualDJ itself by changing the pitch slider's mapping from pitch_slider to pitch - Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20change%20the%20mapping%20for%20a%20button.html

However, this won't work if the N4 performs soft-takeover in its firmware.

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 11:54 am
Thanks so much, I changed it. the map was pitch_slider "dual" and I changed it the pitch_slider and that did the job!

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 7:47 pm
hey i lost my serial number for my numark N4 decks and virtual dj wont work with my decks without it

Posted Tue 20 Mar 12 @ 4:36 am
pochitodjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
We report a problem with the sync from the left deck in the LE version of this driver, I also happened to me the same, but using the PRO the problem does not occur, but because some users have this problem, if any solution that is users can report this driver please let me know how to communicate it to others, greetings and thanks in advance

Posted Tue 20 Mar 12 @ 7:06 pm
Nothin for the sync problem???

Posted Thu 22 Mar 12 @ 3:38 pm
I have a problem with the sync from the left deck in the LE version
it not works

Posted Sun 01 Apr 12 @ 6:48 pm
LE register your version, and it is a problem is the masterdeck, which we choose by pressing the button shift + load of the channel we want to take as masterdeck. regards

Posted Sun 01 Apr 12 @ 6:59 pm
I just bought a N4, everything seems to be working but the sound... I don't see the N4 soundcard in my option. Just the Asio4All, which makes it that the sound of Master is the same as the Cue... what do I do?

I'm using Windows 7...

Posted Sat 06 Oct 12 @ 12:30 pm

Posted Sat 06 Oct 12 @ 2:59 pm
pcl73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've get the SYNC problem after updating VirtualDJ. I have Pro version. On Mapping, let's take a look to "ONINIT" script. My script had MASTERDECK ... I just remove it and my Sync button now work correctely !

Posted Tue 27 Nov 12 @ 7:10 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Tue 27 Nov 12 @ 10:47 am
hey i asked this before but my numark n4 has 2 decks that dont respond to anything. are they dissabled? at first it worked but now it just freezes in the software and it doesnt play any music.

Posted Thu 03 Jan 13 @ 3:09 pm
I would like to know if anyone can give me the code to change the mapping on the cue points so you don't need to hold shift to set them or to activate them? I am running the latest ver of VDJ pro on a N4.
Any help would be appreciated

Posted Tue 08 Jan 13 @ 8:28 pm
69%