Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VMS2 Recording Cross Fader

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JitenPHome userMember since 2012
Hi,

Having some issues with the recording. Every time i record a mix, the recording plays the mix as though the cross-fader is always in the middle. So you can hear both sides even though on the console and the software the crossfader is on one side. Why is this happening? Could you please HELP ME! thank you much appreicated

Posted Sun 26 Feb 12 @ 10:21 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
VMS2 has a real analogue mixer, and even though it sends midi signals so that you can see the sliders moving on the screen, you need to follow this way to record properly .. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Recording%20your%20set%20or%20broadcasting%20when%20using%20an%20external%20DJ%20mixer.html

If your VMS2 came with VirtualDJ LE software, please register that to your Profile Page http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Why%20must%20I%20register%20my%20serial%20number%20in%20my%20profile.html

Posted Sun 26 Feb 12 @ 1:08 pm
Thanks for that. I am not using a sound card and the VMS2 does not have a REC OUT output. I am using the booth output. Where does the other end of the cable go in my amp (using RCA cable)? Sorry i know this is probably a stupid question!

Posted Mon 27 Feb 12 @ 4:46 pm
oh, got the VMS2 second hand! didnt get LE virtual dj!

Posted Mon 27 Feb 12 @ 5:11 pm
i have to agree
recording from the VMS work stations turned out to be a week long nitemare for me too :(

eventually sorted after hours on Google

Conclusion
Ignore VDJ recording side of software
Do not take Booth out to line in of pc/mac sound card
Purchase a stand alone digital pocket recorder (Yamaha C24) or similar
Plug Booth out put from VMS directly into Pocket recorder line in............. Jobs a good un

Results
The biggest problem i found with plugging directly in the pc sound card was the hiss, feedback general background noise.
After disconnecting everything from the pc, just leaving bare bone hardware i could not locate or eliminate the background noise that was still present.
I even went to the extremes of disconnecting the soundcard, USB buses & rebooting said hardware & still no difference

I pondered for a while on the old school way of recording, decks, mixer, amp output to tape deck. Noisey but exceptable until DAT arrived.

After a bit more searching of Google i located the C24 (B Stock £80)
After setting up the small device, simple on screen menu, i banged out a short mix
Transferred to pc, pressed play & wow, better than wow
Even on C24's lowest recording setting (mp3) the mix was more than exceptable for toasting to cdr :)

So anyone else having recording issues with the VMS try this method

Marceegee
Technic 1200L vinyl / Timecode
Pioneer CDJ
Korg Kaos
VDJ 7 pro
Cubase 6
Yamaha C24

Posted Sat 31 Mar 12 @ 4:30 am
acw_dj wrote :
Hi,

YOu can record using a VMS2 or VMS4 if you are a pro full license user.

You can just BOOTH OUT to MIDILOG2 and use Advanced Audio Configuration

PLug a cable from the booth out to the MIDILOG2 in the VMS and ot works fine.

Deck1 - ADJ ASIO (ASIO) - OUT 1-2
Deck2 - ADJ ASIO (ASIO) - OUT 3-4

MIC - ADJ ASIO (ASIO) - LINE IN 1-2

RECORDLOOPBACK - ADJ ASIO (ASIO) - Line 3-4

It works perfect, no noises or glinches.

**** Pro Full User Level *****

this is ok if your midilogs are not all ready occupied ;)

Posted Mon 02 Apr 12 @ 7:27 am
guys i did it by the way acw_dj did but there are a lot of noises and bad scratches! how can i fix this?

Posted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 11:53 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
which program did you use to record it...?

Posted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 1:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We have repeated quite a few times, that internal recording (using Record Loopback) is not recommended for the VMS2/VMS4/VMS4.1 units ,as it doesnt provide good results all times.
If you have sound quality issues with the way you have tried, maybe you should consider trying the secure path, and use a 3rd party application to record the Master or Booth Output of the VMS

Posted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 4:58 pm
Could you please tell me the solution to my problem ? When I record with my VMS2 on Virtual DJ LE 7 and i lower the sound a music in one of my deck with the channel fader, i hear the sound lower in my headset. But when i listen to the mix after i finish recording , the music didnt lower. Is there an option to when i lower a channel fader it lower in my headset and in the recording itselft ? thanks

Posted Mon 12 Dec 16 @ 7:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)